Correção do texto: Carta de motivação para Erasmus

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the Erasmus student exchange program at your University. I would like to spend the first semester of my last year of my Master at Sheffield University.

First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself. My name is ... and I am from Portugal.
I finished my graduation in Communication Design in 2013 and I am currently in the first year of my master in Design at Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto.

About my professional experience, I can say that the most relevant was the internship at Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto last year, where I took a position as a graphic designer dealing with the internal and external communication of the institution.
Moreover, I have been developing another works while a freelance designer – since corporative identity to photographic works. Further that, I have a hobby that at the same time functions as a work – the drawing of portraits.
Furthermore, I developed a pro bono work for the pet shelter in my hometown, using design to advertise adoption campaigns, because I am a lover of animals.

Regarding my idea of doing the ERASMUS program, I decided from the beginning that I want to go to the UK because I identify myself with the culture of the country, even in terms of design.

The selection of Sheffield University is related with the fact of, according to the description of the Master in Graphic Design and with all the research that I made about the institution, I realized that what this University have to offer is precisely what I am looking for. I see it as a supplement of the Master that I am taking in FBAUP, where I can develop my skills as a graphic designer surrounded by the wisdom of professionals with other ways of thinking and approach design.

It will be my final year masters, so I will have to carry out a project or thesis. I chosen to do a project that will have to do with the editorial and photography area, because that are the areas with I identify the most. I just don’t know yet what especifically willl be the aim of the project.

However, In my process so far I’ve learned that good design is born from research. It is the tool that allows you to make the invisible visible.
It is with this motto in mind that I begin my design projects, as well I will do in my final project.
I know that I will need the resources that provide me that approach to research and knowledge to my project. Even that I don’t know in advance which the specific theme I will treat, I am sure that I will find that resources and infrastructures that I will need at Sheffield Hallam University.
I emphasize the existence of photography studios and workshops, as well as the library that it’s a huge knowledge base, where I certainly will find relevant information resources and searching tools.

In conclusion, it will be a gain of experience from the long art and design tradition of the university that is the Sheffield.
In there, I find the perfect space for me to develop my project, amplify my skills, gain experience and learn from another system of education. In one hand I’m sure that taking part in this program will substantially enlarge my educational, professional and even personal background. In another hand, I trust that my education and particular interests will be a contribution to the master.
So, I am ready and willing to take on new challenges.

Thank you for considering my application. I would be very pleased to be granted admission.

Sincerely yours,
..."

----------------
Gostava de saber se está bem redigido este texto (se há erros, frases mal elaboradas, expressões não muito próprias de uma carta formal.... Muito obrigado.

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
9 65 608
Hi Ana, I suggest these corrections to your text:

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the Erasmus Student Exchange Program at your University. I would like to spend the first semester of my Master's last year at Sheffield University.

First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself. My name is ... and I am from Portugal.
I finished my graduation in Communication Design in 2013 and now I am, currently, doing the first year of my Master's in Design at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto.

About my professional experience, I can say that the most relevant was the internship at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto last year, where I took a position as a graphic designer dealing with the internal and external communication of the institution.

Moreover, I have been developing other works as a freelance designer – from corporative identity to photographic works. In addition, I have a hobby that at the same time brings some income – the drawing of portraits.

Furthermore, I developed a pro bono work for the pet shelter in my hometown, using design to advertise adoption campaigns, because I am an animal lover.

Regarding my idea of doing the ERASMUS program, I decided from the beginning that I would like to go to the UK because I identify myself with its culture of the country, even in terms of design.

The selection/choice of Sheffield University is related to the fact that, according to the description of the Master in Graphic Design and with all the research that I did about the institution, I realised that what this University has to offer is precisely what I am looking for. I see it as a supplement of the Master's that I am taking in FBAUP, where I can develop my skills as a graphic designer surrounded by the wisdom of professionals with different ways of thinking and approach to design, along with collaboration.

It will be my Master's final year, so I will have to develop a project or write a thesis. I chose to do a project that is related to the editorial and photography area, because those are the areas which I identify the most. I just don’t know yet what specifically willl be the aim of the project.

However, in my process so far, I’ve learned that good design arises from research. It is the tool that allows you to make the invisible visible and clear.

It is with this motto in mind that I begin my design projects, including my final project.
I know that I will need the provision of adequate resources and infrastructure to assist this approach to research and knowledge to my project and discover them at Sheffield Hallam University.

I emphasise the existence of photography studios and workshops, as well as the Library that it’s a huge knowledge base, where I certainly will find relevant information resources and searching tools.

In conclusion, I am sure that I will gain valuable experience from the Sheffield University's long art and design tradition. I will find the perfect space there for me to develop my project, amplify my skills, gain experience and learn from another educational system. On one hand I’m sure that taking part in this program will substantially enlarge my educational, professional and even personal background. On the other hand, I trust that my education and particular interests will be a contribution to achieving the Master's.

So, I am ready and willing to take on new challenges.

Thank you for considering my application and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
..."