Correção do texto "E-mail em inglês para uma velha amiga"!

mlm
Olá a todos! Gostaria de saber se meu texto necessita de correções na gramática e se ele está bem estruturado. Toda ajuda é bem vinda! Lembrando que esse texto, é como se eu estivesse respondendo uma e-mail de uma velha amiga.

Dear Lori,

It was great to hear from you after such a long time! Today, I was thinking about the times that we spent together and checking my e-mail box. There was nothing interesting, just adversement. I was just about to close my e-mail whne I received yours.What a good surprise! You asked me what I've been doing. Well, I've got a new job as a computer engineering at Microsoft. The office where I work is set on main street, and the most convenient way to get there is go by foot, because my house is not too far from there and the traffic is terrible. Do you remember my girlfriend Mary? I broke up with her. You was right, she doesn't deserve me. I think it's never too late to restart. It would be lovely to see you some time. We could meet for lunch.

your friend
Steve.

TIA!

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Algumas sugestões de correção:

It was great to hear from you after such a long time! Today, I was thinking about the times that we spent together, while I was checking my e-mail box. There was nothing interesting, just advertisements. I was just about to close my e-mail when I received yours.What a good surprise! You asked me what I've been doing. Well, I've got a new job as a computer engineer at Microsoft. The office where I work is on main street, and the most convenient way to get there is on foot, because my house is not too far from there and the traffic is terrible. Do you remember my girlfriend Mary? I broke up with her. You were right, she doesn't deserve me. I think it's never too late to start over. It would be lovely to see you some time. We could meet for lunch.
mlm
Thank you Donay.