Correção para FABIO CAMPOS: My personal presentation

Hi, my name is Fabio Campos and nowadays I'm self-employed. I've been teaching English for the last two years for basic and intermediate levels because I'm not advanced yet. For the last ten years I've working in the aviation field, as a check-in agent and two big airlines companies. The first one is American Airlines and the last one is Latam Airlines. I was responsible for giving the passenger his seat on the plane, checking all the information on the computer and explaining to them every important information relating to that flight. I also had a task to make the boarding calls for the flight and make sure the plane had its door closed on the scheduled time.
I believe that having this opportunity working on an airline opened the door to go overseas and made me appreciate lots of cultures, traditions and also getting to know other cultures around the world. I'm very grateful for being part of that team.

EBOOK VERBO GET Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu email. INICIAR TESTE
5 respostas
  Resposta mais votada
17 261
For the last ten years I've been* working ... (the present perfect structure goes with "been")

I was responsible for giving the passengers* their* seat on the plane, ... (The way you wrote it sounded like you were talking about a specific passenger, so you need to use plural which in turn means you need to use "their" as well)

And explaining to them every important information related* to that flight. ("Related" is more natural and commonly used, people don't "relating" as much)

I believe that having this opportunity to work* on an airline opened the door for me* to go overseas... (Unnatural use of "ing" in "working" and you need to specify that you were referring to yourself when talking about the one to benefit from working on an airplane)

...and also get* to know other cultures around the world. (Also incorrect use of gerund, in this case you need to pay attention to how it connects to a previous structure in the sentence. "Opened the door for me TO GO..." It's tied back to this part of the paragraph so it needs to follow the same structure.
TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 48 1.1k
I would suggest tinkering the sentence "Hi, my name is Fabio Campos and nowadays I'm self-employed." into "Hi, my name is Fabio Campos, currently I am self-employed." (I work for myself).
Could also be "I work as a freelancer" given certain contexts, or I am currently working at X company (as a consultant, etc).
6 48 1.1k
I would make one more suggestion on the fly:
I've been teaching English for the last two years for basic and intermediate levels students because/since I'm not advanced yet.

Sorry for giving suggestions in installments, this week has been a frantic one for me. So many irons on the fire, something ends getting out of hand! :-) But those little chunks of text caught my eye.
17 261
I didn't pay much attention to that part and I would also suggest the he uses "students" rather than "intermediate/advanced levels", but in that case you'd need to make it "intermediate/advanced LEVEL (singular, not plural) students. The preposition "to" is also preferable over "for" as far as the "I've been teaching English for..." bit goes.
6 48 1.1k
Thanks, Leonardo, that slipped under my radar.

So, where it reads "I've been teaching English for the last two years for basic and intermediate levels students because/since I'm not advanced yet." it should read:
"I've been teaching English for the last two years to basic and intermediate level students because/since I'm not advanced yet."
I truly appreciate your help in improving the sentence, and by extension, the answer itself. ;-)