Correção de texto: Personal presentation [2155]

Meu nome é José Santos, tenho 56 anos e vivo em Santa Catarina.
Estou casado há 30 anos e tenho dois filhos.
Eu trabalho como promotor de justiça desde 1997 e já atuei em casos de repercussão nacional na área criminal.
O meu trabalho é muito estressante e por isso eu tenha vários hobbies, como ler, fazer programa de computador e aprender idiomas.
O idioma que mais aprecio é o inglês, pois permite a comunicação com pessoas de todos os países.
Meu desejo é aposentar-me e ir viver em um país de língua inglesa. Talvez o Canadá.

My name is José Santos, I'm 56 years old and I live in Santa Catarina.
I have been married for 30 years and have two children.
I have been worked as a prosecutor since 1997 and I already worked in cases of national repercussions in the criminal area.
My work is very stressful and so I have several hobbies, like reading, make computer program and learning idioms.
The idiom I most appreciate is English, because it allows for communication with people from all countries.
My wish is to retire and live in an English-speaking country. Maybe Canada.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My name is José Santos, I'm 56 years old and I live in Santa Catarina. I have been married for 30 years and have two children.
I have worked as a prosecutor since 1997 (or - I have been working as a prosecutor since 1997) and I have worked in (some) cases of national repercussions in the criminal area.
My work is very *stressful and so I have several hobbies, like reading, computer programming and learning idioms.
The idiom I most appreciate is English, because it allows communication with people from all countries. My wish is to retire and live in an English-speaking country, maybe Canada.
* Aside note:
I would redo the "stressful" thing, here goes my version...
My work is very *very demanding and wearisome so as a way of relaxing, I have several hobbies, like reading, computer programming and learning idioms.
It say gerenally the same, but it "softens" the statement a little bit.

And deem this as a first draft, others may chime in and improve it further. All in all, your English is good, it had only minor corrections (and suggestions) to be made.
Keep up the good work!
Thank you for your time.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
That´s a pleasure to help out a fellow learner, and it has a rewarding feeling to it. :-)