Correção: Texto com Present Perfect Simple and Continuous

9 55
Inventei estes diálogos para tentar colocar em prática o Present Perfect Simple e o Present Perfect Continuous. Por favor, se for possível gostaria que alguém corrigisse.

Bill and Tricia are a couple. They have been married for three years. They have just come back from a visit to a friend of theirs. Here it is the dialogue:
Bill: “What a lovely house Scott has bought. The rooms are airy and spacious, the bedrooms are great, the kitchen is very modern with cutting edge cooking appliances. It is very different from this shabby house of ours.
Tricia: “You have been so negative and critical lately. Don’t call our home “shabby” .It is small, old and perhaps the rooms are suffocating with so much furniture, but definitely not shabby. Besides, you haven’t done much to change our lifestyle, have you?
Bill: I have been working hard (or have worked) to feed this family. It is not my fault if I am poorly paid.
Tricia: For God’s Sake don’t be sorry for yourself! Do something to get out of that slave job!
Bill: You are right honey. I’ve made up my mind. I will quit my job and you start to pay the bills. How do you fancy that?
Tricia: You aren’t talking seriously, are you? I haven’t been in the job market for years. What sort of work could I possibly get? You have lost your mind.
Bill: On the contrary, my Dear. I have never been so rational before.
Another dialogue:
Bill is in the living room watching a football game. Tricia has to take the cat to get its vaccine. It’s the third shot that the cat must get. She goes to the living room to ask for Bill to take the get to the vet’s.
Tricia: You have to take the cat to the vet’s.
Bill: You are kidding right?
Tricia: No Dear. Today the cat must get its third shot of vaccine.
Bill: But I am watching a play of Liverpool’s it is the quarter-final stage. I really can’t miss this game!
Tricia: We have had this kitten for five months and since then he has been urinating everywhere: on the coach, on the floor, on the children’s bed… and I am the only person who has been cleaning all the mess while you have been acting like a real jerk.
Bill: Ok. I will take the poor devil to the vet’s with one condition.
Tricia: What condition?
Bill: After the game has finished.

Thank you very much
Ana

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
3 18 190
Ana, actually I'm sorry I even mentioned other "slip-ups". They really are minor, so I've gone back to your original composition -- which was fine, really! (Inserted in bold):
Ancrispa escreveu: Bill and Tricia are a couple. They have been married for three years. They have just come back from a visit to a friend of theirs. Here it is the dialogue: (Here's/Here is the dialogue. Omit "it.)
Bill: “What a lovely house Scott has bought. The rooms are airy and spacious, the bedrooms are great, the kitchen is very modern with cutting edge cooking appliances. It is very different from this shabby house of ours.
Tricia: “You have been so negative and critical lately. Don’t call our home “shabby”. It is small, old and perhaps the rooms are suffocating with so much furniture, but definitely not shabby. Besides, you haven’t done much to change our lifestyle, have you?
Bill: I have been working hard (or have worked) to feed this family. It is not my fault if I am poorly paid.
Tricia: For God’s Sake don’t be sorry for yourself! Do something to get out of that slave job!
Bill: You are right, honey. I’ve made up my mind. I will quit my job and you start to pay (paying is better) the bills. How do you fancy that?
Tricia: You aren’t talking seriously, are you? I haven’t been in the job market for years. What sort of work could I possibly get? You have lost your mind.
Bill: On the contrary, my Dear. I have never been so rational before.
Another dialogue:
Bill is in the living room watching a football game. Tricia has to take the cat to get its vaccine. It’s the third shot that the cat must get. She goes to the living room to ask for Bill (to ask Bill -- no preposition) to take the get (cat) to the vet’s.
Tricia: You have to take the cat to the vet’s.
Bill: You are kidding, right? (Punctuation: otherwise it sounds like "kidding right/kidding wrong/kidding well", and we know you don't mean that, right?)
Tricia: No, dear. Today the cat must get its third shot of vaccine. (Same punctuation issue: "no" is not the modifier of "dear", as in "no money in my pocket")
Bill: But I am watching a play of Liverpool’s it is the quarter-final stage. (Better this way: But I'm watching Liverpool play. It's in the final quarter) I really can’t miss this game! (The "quarter-final" is "quarta de final")
Tricia: We have had this kitten for five months and since then he has been urinating everywhere: on the (couch), on the floor, on the children’s bed… and I am the only person who has been cleaning all the mess while you have been acting like a real jerk.
Bill: Ok. I will take the poor devil to the vet’s (on) one condition.
Tricia: What condition?
Bill: (After the game's finished

As you can see it's mostly minor stuff. Congratulations on the excellent work.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 18 190
Ana, it's very good. I don't see any verb corrections other than in the final sentence. And this is not an error; rather, just a more common expression: "After the game is over/finished."

There are a couple of other minor slip-ups, but they are not verbs.
9 55
Henry
Thank you very much. As you have pointed out some minor slip-ups, I have tried to identify them. You mentioned that the verbs tenses are corrected. I therefore presumed that my mistakes could be prepositions, genitive case, word order, definite article or indefinite articles...
I tried to correct them. Unquestionably there must be more mistakes, but these were the ones I was able to figure out.
I would like to know if they are better now. Could you do me this favour?
Before:
They have just come back from a visit to a friend of theirs. Here it is the dialogue:
Now:
They have just come back from a visit from a friend’s house.
Before:
It is very different from this shabby house of ours.
Now:
It is very different from our shabby house.
Before:
She goes to the living room to ask for Bill to take the get to the vet’s.
Now:
She goes to the living room to ask Bill to take the get to the vet’s.
Before:
But I am watching a play of Liverpool’s it is the quarter-final stage. I really can’t miss this game!
Now:
But I am watching the Liverpool’s game. It is in the quarter-finals.
Before:
on the coach, on the floor, on the children’s bed… and I am the only person who
Now:
On the coach, on the floor and on the children’s beds and I am the only ….
Many thanks.
Ana