Correções de frases: Stress all the time

Estou escrevendo uma letra de musica e gostaria de saber se as seguintes frases estão sintática e semanticamente corretas:

Stress
All the time
Turns me in
What I'm not
(Estresse, toda hora, me transforma no que não sou)

You know sometime
I may not stand up
(Você sabe, alguma hora, eu posso não me levantar)

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I would use "turns me into".
As for the second part, I get "je ne se quoi" feeling about it. That, because the combination of "may" and "stand" seems a bit at odds here, more so when there´s a confusing context.
Well, explaining myself then: The stress turns me into what I am not, so "I don´t stand up for myself"? OR just might have so tired that I can´t raise from the ground? (So I might not get up - then).
Okay you have it in Portuguese, but forget it. Let´s think you show it only in English to someone else... That´s what I mean, but then, it´s me.
Let´s wait for others to have their say on that one.
Hey PPaulo, thank you very much for the answer :D.

For the first paragraph I think "turns me into" is what I was looking for.

For the second paragraph, the meaning that I was searching was the one that you said in the second example: "OR just might have so tired that I can´t raise from the ground? (So I might not get up - then)."

So "I might not get up" solves my problem.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Glad that it helped. The goal here is to help, to add to the discussion and make the student (or fellow learner) to find his way, to think critically.
So, if he agrees, disagrees, amends, corrects or find a new way of expressing himself, it´s already an achievement to me, to us.