Descubra de que lugar dos EUA o seu sotaque é!

murilo91 1 9
Aqui vão dois links, só responder umas perguntas, tipo "mary marry e merry tem o mesmo som pra você?" essas coisas, no final, ele fala de que lugar dos EUA o seu sotaque esta suposto a ser.

Ref. gotoquiz
Ref. youthink

Enjoy it.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
22 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
anita 14
Hey, Murilo! I've taken both quizzes and they had the same result: they say I have a neutral English, or that I'm from the midland in the US. Is that a good thing because of no influences or a bad thing because of no similarity to any of their accents? What do you say? Thanks!
murilo91 1 9
Hi Anita,

Eu tbm, ambos os testes deram realmente o mesmo resultado, falaram que tenho sotaque do centro norte " central north" e que estrangeiros poderiam facilmente me confundir com um canadensse.

Um amigo fez o teste, e deu o mesmo que você, acho mto bom, não sofrer influencia!
mas, com o tempo isso modifica, se vc for para o texas por exemplo e morar la por alguns anos, vc vai pegar o sotaque deles, o temivel sotaque sulista rsrsrsrs onde falam I como se fosse "ah" !!!

Thank you,

Murilo
No primeiro:

"What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it."

No segundo:

"Which American accent do you have?
Neutral

You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you're just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don't really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up."

Seria um bom sotaque? Uhsusuhhua, gostaria de ter um sotaque do norte, como os de nova-iorquinos.
Bye Bye
murilo91 1 9
Hahaha conviva com nova iorquinos! Mas isso não interfere!

O que mais importa na minha opinião, é ser entendido e entender!
Creio eu q a maioria dos gringos misturam td os sotaques, ouve uma palavra aki, outra ali, etc. Mas sendo entendido da ótimo já!

Regards,
Uhsuahushauhs quem sabe no futuro eu vá conviver com eles ...

Já penso em fazer intercâmbio para lá, mais dizem que é uma cidade muito cara de se viver, pretendo ficar lá 1 ano. :D

Obrigado, Renan
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
mili
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

well interesting to answer those questions but there's nothing to do with my reality...I dont have any american accent, they are right, but I do have a brazilian accent. The american people know that I am from another country they just dont know if I am a latin or a spanic person...
Também fiz o teste, falou q era do sul, perto do oeste ali, Califórnia etc...
well interesting to answer those questions but there's nothing to do with my reality...I don't have any american accent
Mas é claro q você não tem sotaque americano, nenhum estrangeiro vai falar igual eles corretamente, sempre q você falar, por mais perfeito q o seu sotaque seja, vão saber q não é nativo (a)!

Na primeira mensagem o Murilo deixou claro, até em negrito, q é de onde está suposto a ser, ou seja, onde mais se aproxima, não q seja exatamente daquela região. É só para ter uma base.
josneywat 6
Well, my accent is not neither American nor Brazilian. It's a weird accent. Some call it posh, others very weird. But they usually compliment me for the clarity of words.
Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

New York City, huh? =)
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. If you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

This is where my accent is from. I liked it
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
I thought I had a southern accent lol

The 1st:
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

And the other was:
Neutral - You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be.
Result in my turn:
Inland North

Ref. en.wikipedia

In the USA, people probably would ask me: "Are you from Chigago?" or something similar.
Nos dois sites em que eu fiz os testes, deu Northern, nas cidades de Chicago e Detroid.
Mas eu acho que este site não é exepcional, mas já é uma ótima dica para quem deseja saber qual "sotaque" fala.
Para saber melhor qual sotaque fala, sugiro que contate um(a) fonoaudiólogo(a) que entenda de inglês, preferencialmente um(a) nativo(a) (?claro? né?).
TheBigSpire 1 11 33
Your Result: The Inland North

86%

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

85%
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop.

Gente, isso é bom ou ruim kkk???
TESTE DE NÍVEL
No primeiro
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. If you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

No segundo

Which American accent do you have?
Neutral

You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you're just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don't really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.
1- What American accent do you have?

2-Which American accent do you have?
Neutral

You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you're just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don't really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

I think the results would be very different If the test were by reading or speaking.Lol
1st test

77%

2nd test

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

That test was cool!!
kelvilyn escreveu:tbm fiz o teste, falou q era do sul, perto do oeste ali, california etc....
well interesting to answer those questions but there's nothing to do with my reality...I dont have any american accent

Mas é claro q vc não tem sotaque americano, nenhum estrangeiro vai falar igual eles corretamente, sempre q vc falar, por mais perfeito q o seu sotaque seja, vão saber q não é nativo (a)!
Eu não diria isso com tanta certeza. Uma pessoa que começou treinando o sotaque certinho desde pequeno e que tenha ouvido bom para sotaques pode se passar por um americano/inglês. Não é impossível.
The fist quiz says I am from Philadelphia accent, the other one says I'm from Northern accent, such as Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Meu sotaque é de Chicago!
Good night guys!
The "gotoquiz" test said I've a north accent and the "youthink" said I've the southern. Any ideas?