Diferença entre ''Get under my skin'' e ''Annoy me''

Não achei nenhum site falando sobre a diferença entre esses termos, por isso eu quis perguntar aqui no forúm.
Sobre o uso em frases qual seria correto dizer?
"You always get under my skin" Ou "You always annoy me"

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"Get under one's skin" may suggest that is something that "annoys someone in a compelling and persistent way".
Ref. lexico

I would say that if something "irrita/aborrece/chateia" it annoys you. Whereas if "algo mexe contigo/que me incomoda" it "gets under your skin", that is, it's something nagging that when happens it annoys you.

One annoyance could be something temporary, a flat tire, you getting late to work, etc.
On the other hand, if the latter happens all the time it can be something that could get under the skin of your employer. That could be mentioned also as something that "gets" someone: "her tardiness really gets me." (her tardiness makes my blood boil, etc).

But they are interchangeable, this one are examples of exception to the rule.

There is also this notion of '"getting under one's skin". That of "Reach or display a deep understanding of someone."
(mostrar um entendimento da psiquê da pessoa, da personalidade, de como ela funciona.):
‘I know it's a cliche but I thought the author really managed to get under Clara 's skin in a way which made us empathise with her.’