Diferenças entre o inglês escrito e o falado

Quais as diferenças perceptíveis? Algo além das escritas abaixo?

1) Obviamente, existem fonemas, os quais distinguem a maneira de escrever e a de ler.

2) Os relatives pronouns são normalmente emitidos em alguns casos na fala.

3) Connected Speech

4) Contrações comuns na fala e incomuns na escrita

Gostaria de conhecer mais algumas diferenças (General American). Eu também sei que muitos nativos americanos causam um pouco de estranheza com o uso dos tempos verbais, mas estou desconsiderando isso.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Quais as diferenças perceptíveis? Algo além das escritas abaixo?

Sometimes written English may use a more stilted (pompous) speech, which if you would use in spoken English you would be deemed as a snob or many people would think that you had taken leave of your senses.
Or that you are a pedantic guy that want to show too much erudition all the time (a show-off guy).

========================================
1) Obviamente, existem fonemas, os quais distinguem a maneira de escrever e a de ler.

As per wikipedia defintion:
A phoneme is a basic unit of a language's phonology, which is combined with other phonemes to form meaningful units such as words or morphemes. The phoneme can be described as "The smallest contrastive linguistic unit which may bring about a change of meaning".[1] In this way the difference in meaning between the English words kill and kiss is a result of the exchange of the phoneme /l/ for the phoneme /s/. Two words that differ in meaning through a contrast of a single phoneme form a minimal pair.

So, to me, phonemes is on the field of phonetics. (Phonetics is a branch of linguistics that comprises the study of the sounds of human speech, or—in the case of sign languages—the equivalent aspects of sign. -again - from Wikipedia.)

Thus, not in the the writing field, my thought here. Others may disagree.

==============================================================
2) Os relatives pronouns são normalmente emitidos em alguns casos na fala.
I will leave that on others´court.

3) Connected Speech
Ditto.

=====================================================================
4) Contrações comuns na fala e incomuns na escrita
There are plenty on that subject on the Web. I´ll leave it to others.

=======================================================================
Gostaria de conhecer mais algumas diferenças (General American English).

Regional accents, personal dictions, the repertoire of a given individual, differences between ''Journalese" (news-speak) and normal speaking. Jargons from some professions, say, pilots, the computer guys, artist/singers, sport guys, etc"
And so on and so forth. You asked some, so I am not trying to bring ''all of them" to the table. ;)
Others want to participate, I am certain of that.
Discordo em alguns pontos

1) A Wikipedia também explica o meu ponto de vista

Obs.: na escrita os fonemas devem sempre ser representados entre barras. Isto é o que os distingue das letras. Ao se escrever uma letra sem barras, está se referindo a letra em si mesmo, e não ao fonema.

O fonema pode ser representado graficamente. Por isso, não faz sentido não relacionar fonética com a escrita em algum ponto. Ler da maneira literal V.S ler com a simbologia fonética.

2) E eu escrevi mas estou desconsiderando isso no meu primeiro comentário justamente para evitar exposições de fatores regionais e formalidade/informalidade . Procuro conhecer outras diferenças comuns a todos, ou pelo menos a maioria.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Okay, thanks for letting us know your opinion. I just replied because I was thinking that it was a question of a begginer.
It hit me that perhaps you are even in a more advanced level than I am. ;)
I must confess Phonetics is not my of tea, so I will leave it on more capable hands than mine. ;)