Dinâmica para Primeira Aula de inglês

Hello everybody! How are you?
Estou começando minha primeira turma de aula particular e gostaria de fazer um icebreaker legal com eles, alguma dinâmica divertida. São adultos em sua maioria e estão no nível básico. Vocês têm sugestões?

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Something with the verb TO BE would be great, but it doesn´t have to be boring, it could be more conversational. You could introduce yourself and say "I am a teacher" and "I a guitar player" or anything (like a driver at the leisure hours), etc.
Could be followed by highlighting the parts you say "I am", "I was", "they were", etc. On a whiteboard, so they "notice" the subject at hand.
Then make them participate, to say what they are, what profession, their hobby, etc.
You can give them some texts and they will fill the gaps with the verb, and that could even be their homework. Next comes the articles, then nouns, ...

Others might bring some more ideas. And that depends on the level of your students as well. One good idea is to let them interact a little bit, so certainly the ones with some difficult can take advantage of the ones that knows a bit more. Only be careful not to let them "overload" the one that stand out from the rest, he/she may need to study and learn new things and be "the target" of a body of questions could hinder his/her own progress!

I wish you luck with your class.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Try to act in the most natural way possible (don't take this post and get reading it, so they will notice that you are puzzled with the matter of what to do).

Be confident, you really have studied some more than those students, didn't you? Mistakes? Everyones makes mistakes, teachers included...if you don't know a word, expression or something, you can say that you will take notice and in the next class you bring something that clarifies his/her doubt.
Just don't get anxious, or hurry up to say something that you are not sure of; but if you do, and someone points out that it's otherwise that's okay, give him/her credit in a friendly way. We can be tired, mix up things or not know everything and all the time.

Sometimes there are exercises that can be done in pairs, others the whole class can interact, and so on. This way you get to know your students, conversely they get to know you and one another.

Some more advice (you don't need all that, you sieve from it what you need):
Ref. teaching.usask