Do you believe in love at first sight?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Yes, I do believe in it, although it did not happen to me. In my case it was at second sight or at the second moment...
We started to get involved after some words, when we could really realize that we had much in common. :D

ailime
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
ailime escreveu:Yes, I do believe in it, although it did not happen to me. In my case it was at second sight or at the second moment...
We started to get involved after some words, when we could really realize that we had much in common. :D

ailime

Ailime,

How do you feel about this? Or to use the American deep south teenage vernacular, "Hoz bout dis?" :lol:

"Yes, I do believe in it, although it has not happened to me. In my case it was love at second sight or at the second meeting. We started to get involved after several conversations, when we realized that we really had a lot in common."

I know that "Hoz bout dis" is inordinately poor grammar but I desired to introduce the word vernacular to the forum, and could not find a better way. ;) For those who contemplate these postings and their significance to your studies, and those members whose sensibilities I may have offended, I extend my apologies.

Words to improve your vocabulary.
Vernacular
Inordinately
Contemplate
Significance
Sensibilities
Bill,

Wow! "Vernacular", I have never heard about this word, even in Portuguese. Is it a formal word?(seems to me)
And, "inordinately"(extremely, excessively). Thank you for introducing us to such nice words. Plus, of course all your corrections make sense. :D

ailime
Ailime,

Thank you for your response, the pleasure is entirely mine when I see that I am helping, even in an inconsequential manner.
Vernacular, an adjective, is not used often, however it is not what I would call a "formal" word, the opportunity to use it in every day English , especially spoken, is rather limited.

Vernacular - http://merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vernacular

Now you can look up "Inconsequential" ;)
Yes, I do. Whereas I'm spirit, when someone sees other person and get fascinated, of course they met a lot of times in last lives, it happens a lot. There are also moments that we see a person and we already think: I don't like him, I didn't like him — even when the person has never met him! It's usual, so my answer is Yes. :D
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2170 7 53
Hi,

At the same time I've seen this question, I've remembered a joke from "Magro do Bonfa". It's been something like (let me say I'm not good with jokes) when he's met a girl, they've asked him if it's been love at first sight and he's replied that it's been love at second sight, because the first time he's met the girl, she's been standing with her back to him!

:lol:
No, i don't believe.Can until seem true but I don't particularly believe in Fairytale
I don't believe in love at first sight, the love is someting naturally, knowen the person, does not arise sunddely.
Avatar do usuário Frank Florida 210 5
My cousin went to a club one night and locked eyes with a guy there. They walked past each other, then they both turned around and looked at each other again over the shoulder. Then they got into a conversation and they've been together ever since. That was almost ten years ago and they got married last year... What's more, they both swear that they knew from the first moment: "this is it". Pretty amazing if you ask me... that's something you don't hear every day.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Yes. I think that when it happens there's a, like Renan said, "very strong mutual attraction". And I do believe it's a important factor to love.