Do you have a pet? Tell us about it.

Ravenna escreveu:
Mr.Emanuel1000 escreveu:Yeah, I have eight animal but my favourites are my cats "Bernard and Romeu" They're persa :D
Hey Emanuel- if you don't mind, I have some suggestions for your sentence:

"I have eight pets"

"and my favourite ones are my two Persian cats Bernard and Romeu"

*Gato(s) persa = Persian cat(s)
Emanuel, and Ravenna, the only nitpick that I could find in Ravenna's post is that in my dictionary "favourite is spelled favorite" but then I am an American and not British. ;) :lol: It just depends on which English you are studying, American or British.
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
Hi,
It´s my first time here! I found this site while I was looking for sites about Intercambio and I´m loving it!

Answering the question, I have a female dog. Actually, It belows to my baby sister, but it´s so cute and lovely that all the family adobted it. It´s name is Meg and is a black, shining, "pequenês".

We treat it like a baby because there is no baby at my home anymore. It´s sooo funny see my father say: "Come to grandad" !
Tainá escreveu:Hi,
It´s my first time here! I found this site while I was looking for sites about Intercambio and I´m loving it!

Answering the question, I have a female dog. Actually, It belows to my baby sister, but it´s so cute and lovely that all the family adobted it. It´s name is Meg and is a black, shining, "pequenês".

We treat it like a baby because there is no baby at my home anymore. It´s sooo funny see my father say: "Come to grandad" !
HI Tiana,

Welcome to the forums, my name is Bill, and I would like to help your studies of English by suggesting some changes to your post, your first sentence is just fine so I will just rewrite the rest of your post. If you will, compare the two versions and determine why I made the changes, then let me know if you understand or if you have any questions.

"Answering the question, I have a female dog. Actually she belongs to my baby sister, but she is so cute and lovely that all the family adopted her. Her name is Meg and she is a shining black Pekingese. We treat her like a baby because we do not have a baby at my home anymore, and it's so funny to see my father say: "Come to Grandad!"

Again welcome to the forums, and please let me know if I can help your studies of English.
Yes, I have one. My dog is called Neguinho and is very handsome and funny.
Bruniiinha escreveu:Yes, I have one. My dog is called Neguinho and is very handsome and funny.
Bruniinha,

You need a subject for the second half of your compound sentence, therefore I would suggest "... and he is very handsome ... "

Again if you have any questions please let me know.
Yes.
I have a dog. Her name is Mel.
She's funny and sometimes angry.

I love to play with her...
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
Well, I have a dog, and his name is Bright. He loves play with me. (:
I have a cat! Who knew! I've always said to everybody how much I hated cats and I'd rather have a dog instead.
But turned out that a cat suddenly appeared in my house, and my mom decided to keep it. His name is Salem, 'cause he's all black and we believe that there's a person trapped inside him. Funny hum?
I don't have a pet, I don't like, but my friend has a dog
he is very beautiful
I have three pets. Two cats and a dog. It might sound like it's quite a number of pets, but I have had more. It's for real, I've had a lot of kinds of pets: hamsters, topolinos (which is a species of mouse of which the English name I unknow), a couple of chinchillas, a couple of turtles, some fishes, some fresh water crawfishes and snails, and also a Burgundy snail... yes, the edible snail eaten by the French. When my sister studied Zootechny she brought it home and we called it pet haha. But that's not all, I also have had birds, a parakeet which is 18 years old today (!), but now lives in my grandma's, a duck, and a rhea! But that was have lived in a big house in a small town in Mato Grosso do Sul called Nioaque.

But today I'm more conscientious about breeding pets, and how cruel it can me. I'd never breed any encaged animal such as the rodents, the fishes and the birds again. And the cats have the same rights and luxeries as anyone else in the house haha
I have a pet, are three cats, your names are: Bola Sete, Talis and Mia, but I like is dogs too.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
Reghina escreveu:I have a pet, are three cats, your names are: Bola Sete, Talis and Mia, but I like is dogs too.
Reghina,

I can understand what you are trying to communicate, however if I may I would like to offer some suggestions in the form of a rewrite in order to improve your word usage and construction. Please let me know if you understand why I made the changes or if have any questions about the rewrite.

"I have three pets, all are cats and their names are; Bola Sete, Talis and Mia, but I also like dogs."

Thank you for your consideration.
My famiy always have had dogs. Currentely, they are Marley, Perdida, gorda e Lua, all of them labs except Perdida she is Terrier.
I have an adorable dog. She sleeps with my mother and my sister, loves to bite her teddy bear and hates bathing kkkkk She sleeps on the pillow beside my mother as if it were a real person *-* She's white with black balls, so, we say that she seems with a little cow hehe LOL

Hugs and kisses guys!

See you later
when I lived in the countryside I had nine cats and five dogs, but I had to move to the city then had no way to bring them with me, and now I have a dog named Zuca And a cat named Justin (I put to honor Justin Bieber) My cat is very beautiful and we saw cute !!!!! :lol: :lol:
I have four cats, they are cute, but make a mess
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
Yeah, I have a female dog called Sandy.
I’m crazy for Newfoundland breed. Now I have six newfound’s, and one female of than is with nine puppies. Amazing!

All of than are black, sweet and giants.
Yes, I have a pet. His name is Bob and he make very much diference in my life. M y family don't liked his before, but now they love him so much.
Bob is 5 years old, and he likes sleep in the afternoons.

I'm sorry, I'm trying make my english better.
I have four of them, more precisely four dogs, three females and one male,
They´re the happy of my house, my mother is also their mother.
But for sure she loves me more (I guess).

Well I studing hard now, and can see them when I come home at 23:10 pm, so the only thing I want to play with is my bed :lol:
Nowadays I don't any pet but sometime ago I had a hamster's couple. They did many fight with each other and the female hasmter had a wicked mind, ever trying to kill the male one and fortunately ever failing as well. And behind all of those fights, I believe that they really were in love because when the female hamster died, the male can't carry on alive and also died just two days after.

If someone saw some mistakes in the text, I'll listen you carefully ;)
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
I don't have a pet but i had when i was at 15 years old. It was a dog called Mel. However, today, capitalism has entered and dominated my mind :D , have dogs spends much money.

Furthermore i had a hamster it's was terrible i killed him, not because i wanted.The hamster fled of cage and when was trying to catch, it ran under my bed and i unfortunatelly push him in the wall with my bed = /
I don't have a pet unfortunately, but when I live alone or marry I want have one dog or cat.
i have a female dog, she's brown. I love her.
Oh, i've very pets. three female dogs, two female cats and three cats. Two birds and two chickens [ no, i don't live in farm >3 ]
I used to Have a Dog.
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
wellingtonlca escreveu:I used to Have a Dog.
What happened to your dog? Did a truck hit and kill it? Did your dog run away from home? Did it die of old age or what?
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Aya escreveu:Oh, i've very pets. three female dogs, two female cats and three cats. Two birds and two chickens [ no, i don't live in farm >3 ]
Here follow a couple of minor corrections. I hope you don't mind my offering them so brazenly.

"Oh, I have many pets. Three female... And no, I don't live on a farm."
I have a dog, It's white, and when doesn't take a shower is gray or black, It doesn't bark at the night, I and my neighbors can sleep in peace. But when some visit come, it can't stop to bark. It isn't much brave.
Well, I've had a green fish. It was so good, because I talked with him :D when I was afraid, angry, happy, sad .. all the moments I talked with him but .. I don't know how he died.
In the near future, I want to buy another fish *--*
  • Tópicos Relacionados