Do you play any musical instrument?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Gabi 715 1 1 13
I play the violin...or I used to :(
it's been a while since I haven't got the chance to get a violin to do some practice.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Gabi escreveu:I play the violin...or I used to :(
it's been a while since I haven't got the chance to get a violin to do some practice.

Gabi,

If I may I would like to make a couple of suggestions, please check out this rewrite, and see if you agree.

"I play the violin, or at least I used to, because it's been a while since I've had a chance to get a violin and practice.
Avatar do usuário Dude Spell 135 2
I play acoustic guitar for 30 years and I am as virtuoso as someone who has just started to play. I considered myself a genius for being able to have so little improvement in so many years. I played 5-string banjo for a couple of months and harmonica... and reco-reco, I'm really good at it.

My voice is amazing! I got started in show business having my voice sampled to play a part as a small dinosaur in "Jurassic Park". I'm very proud of it.

All in all, I love music, Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox, in a song sang by Jim Croce, put in words my romance with music:

Like the whipoorwill and the baby's cry, I got a song.
And I carry it with me and I sing it loud,
If it gets me nowhere I'll go there proud.
[quote="Dude Spell"]I play acoustic guitar for 30 years and ...

Dude,

I would like to make one suggestion to your post as written below. Please let me know what you think.

I have played acoustic ...

Other than this very minor error in tense, a very well written post.
Folks,

I used to play the trumpet in church when I was about twelve, but after one year learning how to play it, I realized was not good at it. However, listening to someone playing well the trumpet is amazing, as we can see on YouTube a dude called Fernando López playing "You Raise Me Up", it is amusing.

I would like to play the piano, but it would not be possible in a near future. For now, I just have time to enjoy other dudes playing it.

See you!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Folks,

I used to play the trumpet in church when I was about twelve, but after one year learning how to play it, I realized was not good at it. However, listening to someone playing well the trumpet is amazing, as we can see on YouTube a dude called Fernando López playing "You Raise Me Up", it is amusing.

I would like to play the piano, but it would not be possible in a near future. For now, I just have time to enjoy other dudes playing it.

See you!

Rafael,

Only one minor suggestion, let me know what you think, etc.

... I realized that I was not good at it. ...
Yes, I play the bass.
Bill,

When I write "...I realized that I...", it seems that I am using plenty of "I", maybe it is a silly thought. Please, tell me something about that. Any way, thanks for your correction, from now on I will write this kind of sentence like you did. ;)
Avatar do usuário Dude Spell 135 2
w.slayman escreveu:Dude, I would like to make one suggestion to your post as written below. Please let me know what you think. I have played acoustic ... Other than this very minor error in tense, a very well written post.

Thanks a lot, Bill! No matter how slow I write, I (still !) can't avoid the basic mistakes. The same construction works in portuguese too, and that makes things easier for me:

Eu tenho tocado violão por 30 anos.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I play the acoustic guitar.