Correção de texto: Do you think that...

Hi guys, is the structure of question correct?

Do you think that having a relationship with someone that you know for a long time is better than if you were in a relationship with someone that you met for a few months or a year?

TESTE DE NÍVEL Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
3 respostas
Hi there.

To me, your initial question would sound better this way: "Is this question structure correct"?

As for the other, it seems a little off. To me, it would sound more native-like this way:

"Do you think being on a relationship with someone that you've known for a long time is better than being on a relationship with someone that you've known for (just) a few months or a year?"
Leonardo96 16 249
Snowpiercer7272 escreveu: 30 Jul 2020, 15:51 Hi there.

To me, your initial question would sound better this way: "Is this question structure correct"?

As for the other, it seems a little off. To me, it would sound more native-like this way:

"Do you think being on a relationship with someone that you've known for a long time is better than being on a relationship with someone that you've known for (just) a few months or a year?"

'
That is better indeed except that "on" is not the most suitable preposition to refer to being IN a relationship. Rarely do people say they're "on" a relationship, if ever. I for one have never seen it being said like that. Other than that it's good.
Leonardo96 escreveu: 30 Jul 2020, 16:36 That is better indeed except that "on" is not the most suitable preposition to refer to being IN a relationship. Rarely do people say they're "on" a relationship, if ever. I for one have never seen it being said like that. Other than that it's good.
True that. My bad.