Does she have or does she has?

Hey guys I'm just a little bit confused.

Which one is right?
e.g.:
Do you know how many cars does she have?
Do you know how many cars does she has?

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 55
Gabs,

Like you, I was confused and I thought that: Do you know how many cars does she have? It was the right answer. However, the structure: Do you know it is an indirect question in English.
So the answer of the expert Marcio is the correct answer:
Do you know how many cars she has?
In Indirect questions we don’t use the auxiliary at the end of it.
Do you know how many cats he has? (wrong: Do you know how many cats does he have?)
Do you know how many hours of English he studies a day? (wrong: Do you know how many hours of English does he study a day?)
Here there is a good explanation and other examples of indirect questions in English:

Ref. espressoenglish
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
1 24 214
Nenhuma das duas, Gabs.

Você provavelmente pretendia dizer:

Do you know how many cars she has?
Explicando de forma um pouco mais clara temos que:
Sua sentença está incorreta devido à uma regra gramatical que temos no inglês sobre Direct and Indirect...
Uma pergunta no Indirect, que é no estilo do seu exemplo, começa normalmente com um Dou you know...?; Can you tell me...?, ex:
Do you know where Clara is? Indirect
Where is Clara? Direct

A parte sublinhada é a parte Interrogativa da pergunta, já o seu complemento permanece no modo Afirmativo, percebe?

Can you tell me what time it is? Indirect
What time is it? Direct

Como pode ver, a segunda parte se escreve na forma afirmativa, por esse motivo a sua sentença está errada...
Hugs
Does she have é o certo, caso esteja fazendo uma pergunta sobre alguma coisa. Por exemplo: does she have a car? Como você esta usando Does não precisa usar o has
6 49 1.3k
I agree with Denner.
DOES "kills" that rule of third-person singular, to use "has' in such case is a no-no.
THE "ES" IN "DOES" is precisely to indicate the third person conjugation, then the verb go 'bare' (in its 'primitive' form, without conjugation).