Don't blame the president - Counter arguing

Hi people, so I'll try to write a text to counter argue an article I read recently. I won't ask anyone to read the article(http://www.buzzfeed.com/irang/14-coisas ... ma-ou-n3mx) , but to sum it up it's an article that says we shouldn't blame or request Dilma or any president, for some of the things the population wants the most.It states we should try to reach other parties, but not the president. I plan to do it unformaly, it's gonna be more of an explanation of my Point of view then an actual text.

The article tackles 14 things so I will go through them one by one.
1- "Federal Law states that the one responsible for public transportation is the city's government", in Brazil since the city can't handle the high cost of bulding the metro/subway, the Country usually ends up taking that weight on their shoulders"
What made me question this first topic was the fact that the state didn't have enough money to handle contruction of infraestructural improvements such as this. So I asked myself "why is that"? and therefore I started a short research.
What came to my knowledge was that the taxes that the district actually receives(ITBI,IPTU,ISS) are what you could call "peanuts" compared to what the federal taxes generate, and that almost all the money that is charged by taxes from the population ends up going to the federal or state government. Therefore I think it's an absurd to say we should't charge the presidency.
2- "Federal Law states that the one responsible for state public education is the city's and states government". "I rest my case" in relation to this one, because I believe the counter argument used on 1 is still enough to deal with it, and there is also the matter of the argument I will present in the next point to be discussed and the fact that exists "Federal Colleges" that have a shitty infrastructure
3 - "Law approval is done by the Senate and the State deputies". True, but it is also important to remember that Brasil has a multi-party system, and the "majority" of votes are usually from the president's party and, since the president has quite a lot of influence in his party, he does have influence on the result of such situations.
4 - "Death penalty would require change in the law". Yes and as stated previously the president does have a lot of influence in the senate and pretty much every kind of power in the country, including the legislative(even though exercising that influence is illegal... i think)
5 - "Brasil's Constitution state the the government and country has no religion, therefore is a secular state". Nothing to disagree here.
6 - "Public safety is a state problem not a federal one", agreed, but since the federal government does receive a lot of taxes, there is nothing wrong on asking the president, as stated previously the president does have a lot of influence, or should have a least, plus there is also the federal/militar police.
7 - "Taxes are way too high, but the states and cities receive just part of the taxes". Brazil is one of the most "taxed" countries in the world and has a "average" IDH, not only the state and city taxes are absurdly expensive but the federal ones are too, so yes, ask the president.
8 - "Less garbage, more recycling" "Recycling is a city's problem, not the state's nor "the federal government's"/country's.
Nothing to disagree here.
9 - "More hospitals" "According to the article 30, iten 7 of the constitution, to provide health to the population is a matter that should be treated on a city scale, but always supported by tecnical and financial cooperation of the national and state government." That just explains itself... supported by "State and NATIONAL government"

So I stopped at number 9 of 15 cause i just feel tired and bored now, so I'm gonna stop here.
Ty and BB

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39195 6 32 684
I am a bit in haste, so I just cursorily read your piece (in haste, I must say.), but I am going to share my (hasty) views anyway.

First thing that caught my eye, you spelled "infraestructural", I find it could be better if it was "infrastructural".

"for some of the things", please consider changing it to "for some things" (others may disagree, though. To my thinking you are trying to talk in generical way, not specifically. I mean, in this sentence at the time you say it (so, nothing to do with the subsequent topics in which they mention the problems to be tackled [education/public transport/death penalty et cetera.]

I suggest "informally" instead of "unformally"

Others will answer and give more suggestions, the ball is on their court now. Just lets wait for more. ;)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!