E>P conversations of a novel (Breaking dawn)

The flyers (panfletos: aqueles que colam nas paredes) put the usual big, fat lump, in my throat, the usual stinging tears in my eyes...
The phrase "bite my head off" was not entirely a figure of speech when it came to Leah.

"Not hardly"
" 'Course, he isn't super thrilled that you're checking up on him, either."

I shook my head.
...the ominous sound my father's boots clomping up the sidewalk.

Charlie came around the corner...
"...why are you sewting bullets ?"

...wiped the back of my right hand across my forehead...
roll my eyes
... I've gone about this out of order.

PS .: the phrases aren't in order. Each phrase has a meaning. The expressions with ( " ) are dialogues like the ( - ) in portuguese. And the underlines are the main questions.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Marky,

Algumas sugestões que o contexto nos permite fazer:

The usual big, fat lump, in my throat:O grande nó na minha garganta como de costume

The usual stinging tears in my eyes:As lágrimas ardentes de costume

The phrase "bite my head off" was not entirely a figure of speech when it came to Leah:A expressão "arrancou minha cabeça fora" não era totalmente uma figura de linguagem quando se tratava de Leah.

Course, he isn't super thrilled that you're checking up on him, either:É claro,ele também não está muito empolgado com a idéia de você ficar seguindo seus passos.

Wiped the back of my right hand across my forehead:Limpei parte de trás da minha mão na testa.

I've gone about this out of order:Fiz isto fora da ordem

Boa sorte!
Thanks for answer ! Your comment was very clear.