Education in Brazil: No longer bottom of the class

Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
The Economist, a magazine that talks about economy worldwide, has this about education in Brazil.

"Weak and wasteful schools hold Brazil back," says the magazine. Do you agree with it? Tell us why you do.Or why you don't.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Márcio,

I think Lula did a good job but there's still a lot to be done. Most of the Brazilian schools lack skilled labor and students suffer because of decades of bad administration by former presidents. The most worrying thing about our education system: there are a lot of people who think it is doing just fine.

Regards,
Gabi 1 1 19
Honestly, I don't think one can argue about the rubbish quality of our schools.
I must say that, in my point of view, our school still lack of strategies and proper educational methods to engage
the students.
Most part of students are simply not interested in going to school and I don't blame them.
We could learn more in practice and less in theory,our teachers could be better paid and more motivated, books are overpriced , but so many changes seems to be a far-fetched reality in state schools and Brazilian society.
Gabi 1 1 19
by the way,
many thinks for sharing the link we us Marcio.
Reading that one was my lesson of the day ;)