Education Today

maryziller 1 2
This is what a modern student thinks that educators need to hear. Do you agree with his opinions?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
14 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Alessandro 3 13 98
Hi Mary,

Thank you for sharing this video.

I loved when he said "the society no longer cares how many facts we can memorize, because in the information age facts are free". I must say that I totally agree with him.

Perfect!
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
I don't know much about the US education system. I know an infinitesimal, a teensy-weensy bit about Brazilian universities going online and fiercely fighting among themselves to get in the more students, the more the money keeps rolling in. Now we can see too many universities and not enough objectives to pursue. Me, I never enrolled in one of these. I simply don't know which will teach me what. I'd preferably pick out the online type. But would the online type preferably pick me out? Essa pergunta não quer calar <-- Word for that again?
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Hi Márcio,

The question that won´t go away!
maryziller 1 2
Marcio_Farias escreveu: I'd preferably pick out the online type. But would the online type preferably pick me out? Essa pergunta não quer calar <-- Word for that again?
If that question won't stop bugging you,
how about getting your feet wet by trying out one online class?

If you are interested in English, there is a class at wiziq Sunday called Learning English Online (LEO).
The topic is "Mindfulness Meditation Practice"

Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
http://www.wiziq.com/online-class/24555 ... n-practice

The famous universtiy MIT offers quality free video classes in many subjects online.
Check out this article please:
http://www.distance-education.org/Artic ... ee-45.html
maryziller 1 2
Did you know that http://education-portal.com/articles/Un ... urses.html
Alessandro already posted on this topic of free education?
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Alessandro 3 13 98
Mary,

Not yet!
maryziller 1 2
maryziller escreveu:Did you know that http://education-portal.com/articles/Un ... urses.html
Alessandro already posted on this topic of free education?
Alessandro escreveu:Mary,

Not yet!
Alessandro, I only meant that you posted that link. I arrived at that link from a post in the forum. I wasn't talkingabout a blog post.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Mary, thank you for the links. But no, I will try to enroll in one of the local universities and see If I can major in Human Resources online. All with an eye to promotion as I work (as a clerk helper) in the human resources dept of a public, government-owned hospital in the campus of Universidade Federal de Pernambuco. The more courses I take, the more the money keeps rolling ... into at least one of my pockets.
I agree :?
Gabi 1 1 19
I've got to say,despite all the interesting points the guy made ,it's also worth bearing in mind that internet is not the solution to the problems of the world.
A huge amount of information - and we all know that not all of them are reliable- that without a stimulus would not be reached at all. You can have your own go on the internet, still you won't find anything that suits you if you don't know
For what you're looking for.
Plus, the discussions in classes are usually very productive.
I'm not saying I disagree with him, but that guy left out some important and relevant aspects of what education is about.
I know how frustating is to take a course with great expectations and later on face the fact that your course is rubbish.
I've been through this and it's terrible. But it's not a rule and there are its exceptions.
That guy is practically imposing "a technolgical empire",stating that all systems in the world should get
Adjusted due to the that. Perhaps the technoogy should be used to our advantages,not make us feel obliged
To keep up with it. The roles seem to be inverted like that.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Faço minhas as palavras da Gabi.
Mocinho muito radical.
He is right, but it is still important to go to college, mainly in some courses, like medicine and engineering.
Gabi 1 1 19
ahh, ok. So to take other courses it might not be THAT necessary? rsrs
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
This topic makes me think when will we finally get our underprivileged kids off the streets and into school? Also, does our education system not have enough schools to harbor (and then teach) all the kids? What should the government of our country do about it?

Here in Recife, you can see hordes of so-called underprivileged kids on the streets attempting to wash other people's windshields for small sums. Have you ever caught underprivileged kids doing the same in your town? Some or a part of these kids become violent, street-violent, and rob--and sometimes kill--people.

Please feel free to comment. Or not comment at all! ;)