EL HAZARD - Opening and Closing Themes

Ricardo F. Bernardi 6 26 454
Imagem

El-Hazard: The Wanderers, known in Japan as simply El-Hazard (エルハザード Eru Hazādo) is an anime version of the OVA (Original Video Animation) storyline and franchise of same name known as El-Hazard: The Magnificent World (神秘の世界エルハザード Shinpi no Sekai Eru Hazādo, lit. The Magnificent World of El-Hazard). The franchise was developed in 1995; the anime version was stretched to twenty-six episodes and released in 1998, eliminating or altering several of the OVA's major characters.

The story focuses on three high school students, Makoto Mizuhara, and the siblings, Katsuhiko Jinnai and Nanami Jinnai, and the History teacher Masamichi Fujisawa, who are mysteriously transported to the fantastical world of El-Hazard (El-Aventura, in Brazilian version). El-Hazard is threatened by a possible war between the human nations and the insectoid Bugrom tribe. One of the only options to stop the war is the Eye of God, an ultimate superweapon, created by an ancient civilization. In Wanderers, Jinnai attempts to use Ifurita, the Goddess of Destruction to control the superweapon, but once connected, Ifurita's true purpose is revealed and she attempts to destroy the world. In order to stop them, Makoto needs to learn how to use the Eye of God with Princess Rune Venus' help before it is too late.

The original and first anime opening version was Illusion, performed by INVOICE [from episode 01 to 16]. The second opening theme was Atsui no Kimochi (あつい気持ち, lit. Hot Feelings) released by ONESTEP COMMUNICATE [from episode 17 to 26]. Shane August was responsible to compose all English versions of El Hazard main themes and performed the opening themes.

The main closing theme was Bukiyou Janakya Koi wa Dekinai (不器用じゃなきゃ恋はできない, lit. You can't love if you're not clumsy) written and performed by Etsuko Kozakura, Kikuko Inoue, and Rio Natsuki. Clever is the English version of the closing theme and it was performed by Melissa Fahn.

In Brazil, only the first opening and the closing themes were officially adapted as Ilusão by Nil Bernardes and Pra se amar só é preciso ser extrovertido by Nísia Back in 1999.

Follow attached the main music themes of El Hazard: The Wanderers:

Illusion [SHANE AUGUST] - Full version
Ilusão [NIL BERNARDES] - Brazilian TV size opening
ILLUSION [Full version] ILLUSION [Brazilian Portuguese translation] ILUSÃO [Brazilian TV size opening]
All I want to do is hold you now Tudo o que eu quero fazer agora é abraçar você Tudo o que eu quero é te abraçar
Flying together in the wings of the night Voando junto nas asas da noite Tem o luar da noite para nos guiar
Speeding down a skyway in the moonlight Às pressas por um caminho sob o luar Vamos para a terra desconhecida
Where there were two of us there will be one Onde há dois de nós haverá um único ser A aventura que nós vamos ter
With every kiss we know a journey has started Com cada beijo sabemos que uma jornada começou Lá tudo poderá acontecer
We'll be unafraid and... Open-hearted Seremos destemidos e... Sinceros Nós vamos hoje mudar de vida
In a world of so much confusion Em um mundo de tanta confusão Em um mundo assim tão confuso
[In a world of so much confusion] [Em um mundo de tanta confusão] [Em um mundo assim tão confuso]
You and I must make this illusion real Você e eu devemos tornar esta ilusão, verdadeira Nós vamos viver juntos a ilusão
Knowing it's love we feel Cientes de que é amor o que sentimos Venha comigo então
Stay close to me Fique perto de mim E esquecerá
You'll forget the city and the troubles of daytime easily Você esquecerá a cidade e os problemas cotidianos facilmente A cidade e essa vida facilmente, e assim
This is the way life should be Este é o jeito que a vida deveria ser Nunca se afaste de mim
You are the one Você é a única E descobrirá
How could I imagine any joy in my heart if you are gone? Como poderia imaginar alguma alegria em meu coração se você fosse embora? É você quem sempre imaginei e terei em meu coração
Let this illusion linger on Deixe esta ilusão permanecer Venha viver essa emoção
All I want to do is love you now Tudo o que quero fazer agora é amar você -
And find a passion we will never forget E encontrar uma paixão que jamais esqueceremos -
Someday I may lose you, but baby not yet Algum dia eu posso perder você, mas, ainda não, amor -
There never could be any softer touch Jamais poderia haver um toque mais suave -
You make me tremble with anticipation Você me deixa trêmulo com expectivas -
Giving me a lover's inspiration Dando a mim a inspiração de um amante -
Repeat chorus Repetir refrão -
What could compare? O que poderia comparar? -
Dreaming of a paradise, we let an emotion take us there Sonhando com um paraíso, nós deixamos uma emoção nos guiar até lá -
Soon we are floating on air Logo vibraremos de alegria -
You're marvelous Você é maravilhosa -
Every time I put my arms around you, it feels more glorious Todos os momentos que envolvo você com meus braços parecem mais gloriosos -
Let this illusion save us Deixe esta ilusão nos salvar -
Repeat the second chorus Repetir o segundo refrão -
Note: To be floating on air / To be walking (idiom) = vibrar de emoção, de alegria; contentar-se imensamente com algo.

Overflowing [SHANE AUGUST] - TV size version
OVERFLOWING [TV size version] OVERFLOWING [Brazilian Portuguese translation]
I'm overflowing [I'm overflowing] Estou transbordando [Estou me segurando]
Everytime the feeling starts Toda vez que o sentimento tem inicio
I'm overflowing Estou me contendo
No way of knowing Sem chance de saber
How you've unlocked my heart Como você abriu o meu coração
My smile is showing Meu sorriso está mostrando que
I'm overflowing Estou me contendo
Love has made me open wide O amor me fez ser mais flexível
This joy is growing Esta alegria está crescendo
I'm overflowing Estou prestes a explodir
Deep inside Bem lá no fundo
The heat of the moment takes me O calor do momento me leva a
To places I've never knew Lugares que jamais conheci
A feeling of freedom finds me Sinto uma sensação de liberdade
Whenever I am near you Sempre que estou perto de você
You are the dream I've longed for Você é o sonho que eu mais desejei
Through the night Através da noite
Now I'm hazy Agora estou confuso
'Cause it's crazy Porque isso é maluquice
Am I really holding you tight? Estou mesmo abraçando você com firmeza?
Repeat chorus Repetir refrão
Notes:

(1) To be overflowing (AmE) = To be filled with overflowing of something (emotions) = Estar cheio(-a) / completamente dominado(-a) por sentimentos / sensações [geralmente prestes a serem expressados / revelados]. In Brazil, we have a similar expression, which is "estar se contendo / segurando", but it is more used to mean when someone is holding his / her feelings in order to avoid facing something bad or undesirable. The literal translation, which is "estar transbordando" is more associated to the English cultural meaning. When someone overflows with thoughts or feelings, he / she express them strongly.

(2) To be wide open to something = Ser mais flexível / propenso(-a) / aberto(-a) a algo.

Clever [MELISSA FAHN] - English TV size ending
Extrovertido [NÍSIA BACK] - Brazilian TV size ending
CLEVER [English TV size version] CLEVER [Brazilian Portuguese translation] PRA SE AMAR SÓ É PRECISO SER EXTROVERTIDO [Brazilian TV size ending]
I don't need any bedroom eyes Eu não preciso de olheiras Saiba que para se amar
Or the fancy ways of flashy guys Ou das formas extravagantes de caras exibidos Não precisamos de um ardente olhar
What I like O que eu gosto O amor
Is someone who'll understand (me) É de alguém que (me) compreenda Quando vem, não escolhe
Holding my hand Segurando minha mão Hora e lugar
Since we met I have felt so free Desde quando nós conhecemos eu me sinto tão livre Gosto quando você me diz
But my clever friends all laugh at me Porém todos os meus amigos espertinhos zombam de mim Como é lindo esse céu azul
What we have is something O que nós temos é algo que É assim a magia
They just can't see Eles não conseguem enxergar De se amar
Day by lovely day Dia após dia agradável Olho pra você
Carry me away Me leve para longe Você olha para mim
Let me promise you Deixe eu prometer a você Fico sem saber
What I'm gonna do O que vou fazer O que te dizer
Give my whole heart Me entregar de corpo e alma Falta o ar
Even if it's not very smart Mesmo que isso não seja muito sábio Bate forte o coração
Because I know Porque eu sei Pra se amar
When love is real Quando o amor é verdadeiro Só é preciso
You never should be Você jamais deve ser Ser
Clever Espertinho Extrovertido
Clever ways can lose you Atalhos podem fazer você perder É assim que se declara
What you've waited for Aquilo que você estava esperando O amor
I've got to show Tenho que mostrar a você Quisera ter
The way I feel A maneira como me sinto Coragem pra dizer
When we are here together Quando nós estamos aqui juntos Que eu te amo
Won't you say you never will be clever? Você não dirá que jamais dará uma de esperto? Mas eu fico só olhando
Let's go on and on Vamos continuar tentando Sentindo no peito
Forevermore Para sempre Essa dor

Sabe a resposta? Seja um colaborador(a)! Ao responder questões no English Experts você ganha pontos de Reputação. Se você atua na área de idiomas, suas participações na comunidade podem ser uma ótima vitrine para o seu trabalho.

Registre-se agora e faça parte!
Colabore