Essay - ciência sem fronteiras - Perspectives in the U.S

Eu estou participando do programa ciência sem fronteiras e se alguém puder me ajudar dando dicas seria muito útil.

Perspectives in the U.S.: In an essay of no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words, explain the unique perspectives you hope to gain in the U.S. and how you intend to use these skills, knowledge and experience upon your return to your home country

The unique experience of studying in a foreign university, especially one in the United States, which is best known for its great academic and scientific advances, will widely help me in the future because after I graduate I intend to remain in the academic area, as a professor and a researcher. Since I am currently helping other students at my college, who have difficulties in the subject of Statics and Introduction to Strength of Materials, I am already familiar with the means of teaching and I realized that, for the best assimilation of the content by the students, the professor needs to have not only a practical knowledge but also a theoretical one. Therefore, studying in the United States, a country that has some of the best research centers and universities in the world, would be the perfect way to gain this required knowledge and consequently, become a better professional.

Due to the development of state- of-the-art equipments for several branches of industry, from the electronics to the aerospace, the United States, a country that has always drawn my attention because of its high level regarding research and development, is a reference for engineers from all over the world. A good example of this high technological level is the landing of the man on the moon, a gigantic project that required a lot of dedication of all the participants and was one of the main reasons why I decided to study mechanical engineering.

Over the last few years, Brazil has been through a large academic development, what increased the quality of universities in all aspects. In spite of all these advances in education, my university, which is one of the best and largest in Brazil, still does not have some courses that I would like to take. For example, aerodynamics and some other courses related to aerospace science. These are subjects of great interest to me because in the region where I live there is one of the biggest aerospace companies in the world, Embraer.

After I have completed the program I hope to be able to give back the knowledge acquired during my stay in the United States, especially to my college in Brazil. This is the main goal of the Brazilian Scientific Mobility Program. However, I hope to also be able to contribute to my whole community, through the dissemination of my experience.

Another point I consider of extreme importance is in relation to the enhancement of my English, chiefly in the field of mechanics. This would help me substantially in my future publications and in the writing of academic articles.

Lastly, and one of the most important aspects of the exchange program, is the unparalleled social experience that can be obtained from the interaction with people from all over the world. This great cultural diversity in the United States is one of the main reasons why I have decided on this country over all the others available in the Science Without Borders Program.

Sabe a resposta? Seja um colaborador(a)! Ao responder questões no English Experts você ganha pontos de Reputação. Se você atua na área de idiomas, suas participações na comunidade podem ser uma ótima vitrine para o seu trabalho.

Registre-se agora e faça parte!
Colabore