Excerpts from a text

Hi there!

Could you help me out with the following senences? They're excerpts from a text whose theme is "How to fall sleep faster". Here they are:

1-) Drinking caffeinated or alcoholic beverages late in the day are likely to make it harder to fall asleep when you’re ready.

2-) For years I kept a boring book handy, which was almost guaranteed to help me fall asleep.

Could anyone give me a suggestion about that? ;)

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
hesleioliveira escreveu:Hi there!

Could you help me out with the following senences? They're excerpts from a text whose theme is "How to fall sleep faster". Here they are:

1-) Drinking caffeinated or alcoholic beverages late in the day are likely to make it harder to fall asleep when you’re ready.

2-) For years I kept a boring book handy, which was almost guaranteed to help me fall asleep.

Could anyone give me a suggestion about that? ;)
Hi Heslei
Translating to Portuguese isn't my forte, but here goes:

1. Provavelmente será mais difícil para vc ir dormir se, no fim do dia, àquela hora, vc tomar bebidas que contenham cafeína ou alcóol.

2. Por anos eu mantive à mão um livro chato, quase garantido de me por para dormir.

Regards
Thank you Henry! ;)