A. Leiam o texto abaixo / Read the text below
Carnival is a festive season which occurs immediately before Lent; the main events are usually during February. Carnival typically involves a public celebration or parade combining some elements of a circus, mask and public street party. People often dress up or masquerade during the celebrations, which marks an overturning of daily life. It is a festival traditionally held in Roman Catholic and, to a lesser extent, Eastern Orthodox societies. Protestant areas usually do not have carnival celebrations or have modified traditions, such as the Danish Carnival or other Shrove Tuesday events. The Brazilian Carnival is one of the best-known celebrations today, but many cities and regions worldwide celebrate with large, popular, and days-long events. - Wikipedia adaptado
Vocabulário de apoio:
A. Lent: Quaresma
B. Dress up: Fantasiar-se
C. Overturning: Mudança
D. Shrove Tuesday: Terça-feira de carnaval.
B. Respondam as perguntas relativas ao texto. / Answer the questions about the text.
1. What is carnival?
2. When is carnival?
3. What does carnival involve?
4. Write about Brazilian carnival according to the text.
C. Mark True or False.
1. Daily life changes during carnival. (...)
2. Protestant areas usually have carnival celebrations or have modified traditions. (...)
3. The Brazilian carnival isn't one of the best-known celebrations today. (...)
4. Many places worldwide celebrate with large, popular, and days-long events. (...)
D. Como se diz " O carnaval é muito bonito no Brasil" em inglês?