Exercício: TOEFL grammar practice quizzes

Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
I picked this up from the about.com website. Where else! ;)

Choose the correct grammar structure to complete the sentence. The question has only one correct answer. You will likely solve it in a minute. Wanna try your luck at it?

Q: _____________________________________, I would have returned it immediately.

a) If I knew that you wanted to read it
b) I had known that you wanted to read it
c) Had I known that you wanted to read it

-x-x-x-

Do you happen to have any TOEFL-type quiz or quizzes that you would like to post? Why not do it here? ;)

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Q: Had I known that you wanted to read it, I would have returned it immediately.

a) If I knew that you wanted to read it
b) I had known that you wanted to read it
c) Had I known that you wanted to read it
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Vitor, you have correctly answered the quizz.

Now for the next one,

I would love to explore the Santa Cruz do Capibaribe do Meio Oeste caves sometime. Unfortunately, I ____ really built up enough courage to explore one.
  1. have never
  2. was never
  3. will never
What do you have there, cave-fright?
I would love to explore the Santa Cruz do Capibaribe do Meio Oeste caves sometime. Unfortunately, I have never really built up enough courage to explore one.

1. have never

:arrow: What's the meaning of cave-fright?
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Vitor, very well. You've done it again!

Cave-fright = anxiety, fear, or persistent phobia which may be aroused in an individual inside a cave in which s/he may possibly encounter unexpected perils or traps such as an unseen deep hole into which he may fall or the entire cave suddenly caving in on him/her getting him/her trapped. Lack of oxygen or heart failure usually ensues amid desperate cries for help.