Expressão para uma criança se referir a outra em inglês

Estou em Houston e meu neto brasileiro hj com.5 anos, veio com 3, costuma ir pra o parquinho onde tem muitas crianças ele fala inglês, vim visitá lo e estou observando que todas às vezes que levo ele pra parquinho qdo ele se dirige as crianças, no geral, da idade dele assim..."amigo, amigo posso brincar com você " (em inglês, claro) as crianças tespondem: "não sou seu amigo" e na maioria das vezes dá às costas. Vocês têm ideia de como as crianças se chamam por aqui...será, que chamar de amigo é ofensivo? Grata

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Perhaps just a "let's play" or something like this would do, or something like "let's play hide-and-seek" etc.
Sometimes the English-speaking people have a literal way of seeing things (understand things, I mean)l So the word "friend" would be something used to describe friends (not occasional acquaintances) and maybe this is something the kid has learned from his family, etc. I don't know.
On the other hand, what I do know is that children when get some common interest, they will play, talk, interact. I think this will work to all cultures.
Plus, a way of earning friends begins with earning the friendship of their parents and family as well.
I think that you should not sweat the small stuff, at least not initially. Let kids BE kids (if there's a will there's a way - I think the thought extends to playing as well).
One thing is certain, back in our country we use the word "friend" as a way to make acquaintances, to begin a conversation, to call a person, to ask a favor, to ask for information. We use the word everywhere.
Maybe "dude/buddy/hi guy(s)" or something like that would do, just see how others interact and the words they use, and then you can teach your grandchild to address the other kids that way. When in Rome do as the Romans do.