Find x Find out x Discover

Today I created a post in which I wrote the following passage to explain my points related to my questions.

"Just give you a context about where I knew this expression, I discover it after finishing an unit of an English activity without making mistakes."

Here are my questions:

1°) Could I replace the word "context" with the word "background"? Do both words play similar roles?
2°) As far as I know, I could replace the word "discover" with the phrasal verb "find out", although "discover" add up more formality to the passage. By replacing the words I would have to write "find it out" instead of "discover it'. Is the expression "find it out" reasonable? It sounds weird to me.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
23 127 1.7k
Find out é descobrir no sentido de obter informação a respeito de alguma coisa em inglês.

No seu exemplo, as opções mais adequadas são:
Just to give you some context about where I found this expression. I found it after finishing a unit of an English activity without making mistakes.
Ou
Just to give you some context about where I came across this expression. I found it after finishing a unit of an English activity without making mistakes.
Onde find out deve ser usado:

She'd been seeing him for a while, but didn't want her parents to find out.
I haven't found anything out about him yet.
Can you find out what time the meeting starts?
I don't know when the game starts, but I'll find out.

Discover é realmente mais formal do que as outras opções.

Bons estudos.
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Muito obrigada, Donay. Entendi perfeitamente.