Frase de dificil compreensão.

I would like you guys to help me out with this little video.

It's a serie call " Everybody Loves Raymond " and I watch it to practice my english. So, one of the episodes there is a part that I can't figured out what the sentence means. Here is the little part of the video which Raymond say the sentence that I couldn't understand.

Raymond is discussing with his wife about a gift he gave to her. Debra (Raymond's wife) is telling him that he can't give to her a thoughtful gift.
PS:In the beginning of the episode, Ray stole his brother's ideia of giving a book as a gift.

Raymond said:
- I wouldn't lie half as much if I didn't.
What is it supossed to mean ?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Daniel.S 1 2 11
Hi there!

Eu não chegaria a mentir nem a metade se eu não mentisse

Take care,

Daniel
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Rafael,

é preciso do trecho anterior da frase para sabermos à que o "didn't" se refere

It doesn't mean I don't care about you. In fact, I wouldn't lie half as much if I didn't.
Não significa que eu não me importo com você. De fato, eu não mentiria nem a metade se eu não me importasse.

It is a tv series called (...) In one of the episodes (...) I can't figure out (...) Here is a small part of the video in which (...)

"he can't give to her a thoughtful gift"
I'd prefer the sentence order "he can't give a thoughtful gift to her" (don't ask me why)

"Stole the idea" --> legal saber que a tradução é literal, eu não sabia.
Daniel.S 1 2 11
A Flávia está correta, deconsidere o que escrevi, pois não consegui ver o vídeo antes de responder a pergunta.

Take care,

Daniel