Get x Buy - Comprar em inglês: Qual a diferença

Estava lendo em um site que Get também quer dizer comprar ex: "Did you get tickets for the game?"
A minha dúvida é posso substituir Buy por "Get - comprar"?

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes.

Get has several meanings, in the general sense of "acquire" for example, it could be:

Achieve
Amass
Attain
Buy
Get hands on
Grab
Have
Pick up
Procure

Those words meaning that you "get" something by buying it (more often than not). You could also "get" something as a gift, with someone else "buying it"
"I will get you a drink!" Gee, thanks, but save your $10 or however much that overpriced cocktail is
In other context get could mean "I'll fetch a drink for you", but here it means I will buy you a drink" (the offer here is declined, and the mention of the price gives the clue about "get" meaning "buy".)

Ref. thesaurus

One more sentence on the side here, for you.:
"I'm going to get you to drink." No, you're not, the same way I'm not going to get you not to drink. People get to make their own decisions, and trying to change mine on alcohol will be a failed endeavor.
"I'm going to get you to drink." meaning "eu vou fazer, eu vou conseguir fazer você beber...
Again, the site makes the point that one may have the willpower to decline, it's up to one whether to drink or not, but not to others talk you into doing it per se.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Anyway, I must say that "Did you get tickets for the game?"
As in Portuguese has some intersection in sense.
Say, as in Portuguese it could be both ways: "conseguiu/pegou os ingressos para o jogo?" meaning that one bought them.
So, it would be interchangeable with "comprou os ingressos pro (para o) jogo**?

Interchangeable in "some sense", I mean, the buying is implicit in it.

**para ir ao jogo/para ir assistir ao jogo, etc.