Has - negativo e interrogativo

Como fica a frase "She has English classes on Saturdays" no interrogativos é negativo

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Interrogativa: "Does she have English classes on Saturdays?"
Negativa: "She hasn't English classes on Saturdays."
Hey, guy.

In interrogative clauses you have to put the verb do (in correct sentence) before the pronome.

So,

Does she have English classes on saturday.

More examples:

Do you like bananas? Yes. I like bananas

Does he love him? Yes, he loves him.

Always you have to do it when you are in a interrogative question. But, calm down! You have to put do/does only when you don't have modal verbs (must/ should / etc) and others sentences like present perfect.

In negative, you just have to put "not" after the verb do/does or, in another way - that is more coloquial - make the verb get negative.

Ex:
She does not have English Classes on saturday.

Coloquial: She hasn't English Classe on saturday.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Just a little correction:
...on Saturdays (I would use on Saturdays to mean something that happens repeatedly.)

She does not have English classes on the next Saturday (or Next Saturday shen won´t have English classes.) I added "next" not to make it ambiguous, one getting in two minds if the statement meant next Saturday or on Saturdays in general.
If we want it with "On Saturday" meaning "next Saturday" we could put it at the beggining of the sentence.
This is my opinion, though. Let´s wait for more comments.

One grammar aside note: The initial letter of names of the days or months are always capitalized. This way we have: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... And January, February, March, April...
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Complemento:

quando-usar-o-have-como-verbo-auxiliar-t54.html
qual-verbo-auxiliar-devo-usar-t37961.html

A consulente deve encontrar outros tópicos correlatos no próprio fórum, digitando na janela de busca as palavras-chave "have does". Há a probabilidade de encontrá-los com outras palavras-chave de que não me lembro agora.