Have you ever been abroad? Tell us about it.

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Howdy everybody! :)

I've never been abroad, unfortunately. But, by the next year I'm going to the US to live with my sister. She lives there for about 10 years and my Green Card process is running through the Visa Center for about 3 years until now.

Currently, and fortunately, is on the final phase! Thanks God!

Good luck for all of you who intend to go abroad to visit or live!

Ps: When I get there I gonna stay on the line to keep you guys informed with the news, and, of course, keep practicing with all of you. Maybe Portuguese in a near future, who knows? :roll:

See you.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 805 1 18
rguimaraesc escreveu:Howdy everybody! :)

I've never been abroad, unfortunately. But, by the next year I'm going to the US to live with my sister. She lives there for about 10 years and my Green Card process is running through the Visa Center for about 3 years until now.

Currently, and fortunately, is on the final phase! Thanks God!

Good luck for all of you who intend to go abroad to visit or live!

Ps: When I get there I gonna stay on the line to keep you guys informed with the news, and, of course, keep practicing with all of you. Maybe Portuguese in a near future, who knows? :roll:

See you.

Wow Guimaraes, what a WONDERFUL news!! :mrgreen:
I hope you can make it!
Please, let us know about every step you take when you get there!
And off course, write an article about your new life in USA :mrgreen:
Which city you're going?
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
rguimaraesc escreveu:I've never been abroad[...]

That sounds like "I've never been a broad"! (broad = girl)

I wish you good luck in your new venture. :)
Adriano Japan escreveu:Wow Guimaraes, what a WONDERFUL news!! :mrgreen:
I hope you can make it!
Please, let us know about every step you take when you get there!
And off course, write an article about your new life in USA :mrgreen:
Which city you're going?

Hello Adriano!

Thanks a lot for the support!

My first step when I get in there will be entering in a English School to continue my course. I gonna need to wait about 2 months for my Green Card arrive, and without it I cant' work. So, I'll have to wait until then.

By this time I gonna make progress in my English skills, I hope.

My sister was living in Camarillo, CA until yesterday. She moved to Calabasas, CA. It's a beautiful city from what I've seen on Google Maps.

Ps.: About the article... I'm not a type of person who likes to write, but it's a good idea, indeed. We keep in touch about this topic.

See you.
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 805 1 18
rguimaraesc escreveu:My sister was living in Camarillo, CA until yesterday. She moved to Calabasas, CA. It's a beautiful city from what I've seen on Google Maps.

Are you going to US or MEXICO?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Indeed, there are a lot of weird american city names, do you believe there is a Corpus Christi in Texas? :lol:

Hahaha it will happen with you exactly what will happen with me...get in a new amazing country, and wait a couple of weeks in home because you're not allowed to work yet.. until your card arrives. That makes "the change" even better, the first days as tourist, going here and there, doing whatever you want, how nice! :mrgreen:
For sure you ought write an article on a brazilian "struggling" in his first days of a new life.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Hello guys,
Please keep on topic.
Hi,
I lived in the US for 3 years...NY and Jersey areas...
I was there in 9/11...
There are many things I would like to talk about...
If you wanna talk, add me!

See ya
Avatar do usuário Gabi 705 1 1 13
I've lived in the Netherlands , in The Hague , for a year and it's been 1 year and 3 months I've been living in England.
But fortunately I had the chance to get around to few European cities, such as Paris, Berlin, Marseille, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Amsterdam...
I never had been opportunity to live or travel out to my country . I had a dream to travel to other Mid East or Asian countries like Turkey , South Korea , Japan and Indonesia . Maybe who knows 8-)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Saito Raijime escreveu:I never had been opportunity to live or travel out to my country . I had a dream to travel to other Mid East or Asian countries like Turkey , South Korea , Japan and Indonesia . Maybe who knows 8-)

Saito,

I would like to suggest a few changes in your post in the form of a rewrite. Please compare both versions and see if you can determine why I made the changes that I have, then let me know if you understand why or if you have any questions.

"I have never had the opportunity to live or travel outside my country. I have a dream to travel to other Middle East or Asian countries like; Turkey, South Korea, Japan, and Indonesia. Maybe someday, who knows."

I hope this helps you in your English studies.