Have you ever been abroad? Tell us about it.

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I never have been abroad yet, but I want to travel abroad to know news places and to practice the english. I think will be a useful experience. I hope to travel abroad as soon as possible.
My msn is rzanelli@windowslive.com
have a nice week folks
Bye
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Hi Folk,

In 2010 I was in the USA.

The experience was amazing, even though, I was learning English just one year, I enjoyed so much and I hadn't any problem with comunication.

Hugs,
Eduardo
Eduardo Souza escreveu:Hi Folk,

In 2010 I was in the USA.

The experience was amazing, even though, I was learning English just one year, I enjoyed so much and I hadn't any problem with comunication.

Hugs,
Eduardo

Eduardo,

I would like to suggest a few minor improvements in your post, in the form of a rewrite. Please compare both and let me know if you have any questions.

In 2010 I was in the USA. The experience was amazing, enven though I had studied English for only one year I did not have any problem communicating. I enjoyed my time there so much, that I will always remember the trip.

I hope this helps you, please let me know.
Hi Bill,

Your suggestions always help me improve my English!

Thank you for your help!

Hugs,
Eduardo
Not yet. But I intend to go to USA or maybe Canada 3 years from now. I wish the world wouldn't end in 2012 so that I could go abroad.

That's all!!
tomas escreveu:Not yet. But I intend to go to USA or maybe Canada 3 years from now. I wish the world wouldn't end in 2012 so that I could go abroad.

That's all!!

Thomas,

I have one extremely minor suggestion, when writing proper English one should always spell out a number of ten or less, therefore your post should read "... or Canada three years from now....". Otherwise an excellet post.
I have been abroad for a while. I lived in Amsterdam for about 6 months and it was an amazing experience i would suggest everyone does. It really helped to improve my Dutch (the obvious reason why I travelled to Holland was to learn Dutch) and it was so much fun. I rented a studio apartment in Amsterdam, it had everything i needed. Living in Amsterdam was so different to what I was used to.
I never been abroad. Perhaps in the next year I has the opportunity to go to South Africa or maybe to Canada. It's too expensive to me, but I'm seeking ways to make this dream come true.
zacbay escreveu:I have been abroad for a while. I lived in Amsterdam for about 6 months and it was an amazing experience i would suggest everyone does. It really helped to improve my Dutch (the obvious reason why I travelled to Holland was to learn Dutch) and it was so much fun. I rented a studio apartment in Amsterdam, it had everything i needed. Living in Amsterdam was so different to what I was used to.

Zacbay,

The only suggestions that I have for your post is that you always need to capitalize the word "I".

Otherwise excellent vocabulary and construction.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Marcos Rios escreveu:I never been abroad. Perhaps in the next year I has the opportunity to go to South Africa or maybe to Canada. It's too expensive to me, but I'm seeking ways to make this dream come true.

Marcos,

I would like for you to consider the following rewrite, and compare it to your original post. Please determine why I made the changes that I did, and let me know if you understand or if you have questions. Thank you for allowing me to try and help you in your studies of English.

" I have never been abroad. I can not afford to go at this time, but I'm seeking ways to make this dream come true. Perhaps next year I will have the opportunity to go to South Africa, or possibly Canada."