Have you ever been abroad? Tell us about it.

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
w.slayman escreveu:
Marcos Rios escreveu:I never been abroad. Perhaps in the next year I has the opportunity to go to South Africa or maybe to Canada. It's too expensive to me, but I'm seeking ways to make this dream come true.

Marcos,

I would like for you to consider the following rewrite, and compare it to your original post. Please determine why I made the changes that I did, and let me know if you understand or if you have questions. Thank you for allowing me to try and help you in your studies of English.

" I have never been abroad. I can not afford to go at this time, but I'm seeking ways to make this dream come true. Perhaps next year I will have the opportunity to go to South Africa, or possibly Canada."

Thank you very much! I truly need help to learn write. I have a reasonable reading, but almost never can pratice my writen. So, excuse me for my bad English.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
No, I've not gone abroad yet. But I wish a lot to go to some another country.
I know it's very nice to know other cultures, take some pictures of very beautiful places.
And the better: To have the oportunity to speak a lot of English :D
Gustavo Dias escreveu:No, I've not gone abroad yet. But I wish a lot to go to some another country.
I know it's very nice to know other cultures, take some pictures of very beautiful places.
And the better: To have the oportunity to speak a lot of English :D

Gustavo,

I only have one suggestion to improve this post and that is, the phrase "I wish a lot" is rather awkward, and I would prefer something like: "I have a strong desire".

Otherwise nicely done.
I've been to Canada Last January, I will never forget that, what a wonderful time I had. My english improved a lot, I finally lost the fear of speaking and my pronunciation is much more natural now. I really wish to go back there someday, It's a excellente place to live.
Yes, I have. Actually I am abroad now in an exchange program in Canada. I live in a city called Saint Catharines, which is about 100 kilometers far from Toronto (depending on the weather I can see the CN tower from some places in the city!). I am loving the experience! My homestay family is perfect, the city is so charming, and it is an incredible opportunity to improve my English skills. By the way, this is my first time abroad.

Please, correct my mistakes. ;)
Yeah... not exactly... recently I traveled to Foz do Iguaçu in order to visit the Itaipu Hydroletric Dam and also had visited Falls of Iguaçu (argentinian land side) and Paraguay (buying cheap stuff, like eletronics and clothes)... I consider that I have never been abroad, just because I spent around five hours in both of these countries, without really knowing them... nevertheless, I may say that I have ever been out of Brazil! That's amusing and remarkable for me.
No I haven´t. I have never been abroad, unfortunately I don´t have money for to do it.