Have you ever been robbed?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Marcio and Thomas,

How about alley, a narrow lane (street) often found between streets and behind buildings which is used for service.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12290 1 21 206
Bill, yes, that fits the description for the type of street in which the guy robbed me. Thank you.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
No, I haven't
thanks god, i never was robbed
but my father was robbed a week ago
Avatar do usuário Frank Florida 210 5
I've been robbed a couple of times during my travels... it happens. The most scary incident was probably in Managua, the capital of Nicaragua.

When I arrived in the afternoon, people were already telling me not to walk around - not even in broad daylight.

In the evening, I wanted to go to a bar and grab a few drinks with some friends, but the hotel receptionist told us to take a taxi - even though the bar was a mere two blocks away!

So of course I wanted to be on the safe side and ended up taking a taxi to the bus station the next day - only to have the taxi driver rob me!

He pulled into a dark alley, threatened me with a knife and told me to give him all my money. Fortunately I managed to convince him that I need my backpack for my work, but it was a pretty scary experience.

Later that day I met an expat who had been in the country for a couple of years already and he said there had been 200 assaults by cab drivers on passengers in the last two weeks alone.

Managua is a scary place... I had a great time in León though. :)
Yes, the mother´s grocer shop was robbed only time it´s very bad.