How do you improve your English skills?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I'm currently doing a course at Englishtown and Duolingo. I try to read short texts, because I'm still starting at the language, and I'm looking for native speakers for better learning
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
So I attend English classes at "Wizard" and I like to watch movies, football games, all things that keep me up with English!!

When I'm at school, my teacher writes in Portuguese and I write in English on my book.. haha' :D

That's what I do! :D
PauloReis escreveu:I'm currently doing a course at Englishtown, Duolingo, I try to read short texts, because I'm still starting at the language, and I'm looking for native speakers for better learning

Hey man, are you enjoying the Englishtown's method? How are they?
I am watching English classes at SENAC-PE, further, I am trying watch movies in English and with English subtitles, other way that I'm using to improve my english is listen music and trying to complete gaps in the lyrics.
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 38705 6 32 676
@wflaviorj
Hey man, are you enjoying the Englishtown's method? How is it? (talking about the method)
(or if you choose to rephrase it into ...Englishtown's methods, then you can say How are they?)

@Joao1221
I am trying to watch movies in English and with (English) subtitles. Other way that I'm using to improve my English is to listen music and then trying to complete gaps in the lyrics.

See you around. All in all, congrats on your English skills, guys.
Speaking

I like to practice my speaking by talking with some friends through the telephone in English and singing American songs.

Listening

I think listening to American music, watching TV series in English without subtitles, listening to English talk shows and/or conversations, etc. I like to use Audiobooks too.

Reading

When it comes to reading people might think it's a boring and hard way to study English, but it can be really relaxing: when you're reading English articles in the internet, searching for information in English websites, reading a book, a magazine, a folder, a flyer, a newspaper, a cartoon, a charge, etc, you're automatically practicing your reading skill. I like doing those things, as well.

Writing

I often type in English with my friends by Whatsapp or Facebook to practice my Writing skill. I also like writing comments about some things in English too.

You can choose the proper ways that are better for you to help you improve your habilities. Here are just some tips that works for me, but it depends on every one to discover it's own self-study way.
I read english books, listen to the music and do the crosswords.
Well, I think that I've made it to a level where you can only go further by simply expanding your vocabulary. I have a pretty good understanding of the structure of the language, so learning grammar rules or whatever is clearly not necessary anymore. What I mostly do now in order to make it to the next level is watch tv shows, it helps me enhance my listening skills and pick up some new vocabulary, I write down the words that I learn on a notepad so they don't slip out my mind... I also do some reading when I feel like it... And I enjoy watching documentaries on youtube as well. If you want to make it far in your English journey, you have to combine business with pleasure.
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 38705 6 32 676
If you want to make it far in your English journey, you have to combine business with pleasure.
Welll said!
And congratulations to all that love to learn and know all things English, there´s is always some room to improvement and room to have fun with it as well. ;-)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
I'm trying to improve the studies. I watch videos on Youtube, hear some audios and read short texts. I'm beginner.