How important is money for you?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Hi rfl81

don't apologize for your English, we're all learning.
welcome to the forum!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário josneywat 305 6
I guess the best quote for this is:

"The love of money is the root of all evil".

Origin

Often misquoted as 'money is the root of all evil'. Originates in the Bible, Timothy 6:10 (King James Version):

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Money is important, but isn´t most thing important in the world.
I am happy, because I have a wife, family,friends and some moneys,
if I hadn´t had money, I would have been happy, but not so I am today.
if I have more money, probably I´ll be more happy.

If there is some mistakes in my text, please tell me, I am english student
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Hi DarkRayman

Revising your text, as you requested:

Money is important, but it isn´t the most important thing in the world.
I am happy, because I have a wife, family,friends and some money, --> "money" is always singular
if I hadn´t had money, I would have been happy, but not so happy as I am today.
(If I didn't have money, I would be happy, but not so happy as I am today) --> changes made considering we're talking about the present time.
if I have more money, I´ll probably be happier.

If there is any mistake in my text, please tell me, I am an student of English.

We're all students, as well.
Welcome to EE and keep posting!
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
Money is very important for our life condition, everybody likes to have a great amount of money to spend with things that we likes a lot, by saving them through the months.

But the most important is that money don't bring our hapiness. A lot of people are poor and happy, and others rich and sad.
I vote on Oscar Wilde.
Lack of money is the root of all evil. (George Bernard Shaw)
I know that this is an old subject, but I wanted to "put in my two cents worth ".

"As the great philospher once said "Money is not everything, but it sure beats whatever is in Second Place."

Of course if any of you really think money sucks I could be persuaded to take it off your hands, of course that would be strictly a gesture to help make you a better person. :lol:

The great philospher was me. ;) :lol: Actually I don't know who said it first but it sounded good to take credit. :lol:

To "put in my two cents worth" is an American saying meaning to express my opinion.
i would have to win the lottery to achieve all my "goals" and grab all the gadgets I dream about :D
But i'm very careful when spending my money, I spend it , I don't waste it (maybe because I don't earn what you could call "a big amount of money") .
I think it's good to earn money enough to live (food,clothes and stuff) but I think nobody would reject some personal and special treats, and it's also great when you can afford those unecessary goods...

MONEY isn't everything, though.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
Money is important to sustain our life conditions, and allow us have all we need to live (food, our house, etc...). But that's the famous phrase "money don't give us happiness". So if you have enough money to sustain your life and don't have a "very rich life" don't make it as a sadness motive...

There is also rich and sad people, and poor and happy people. So don't complain for nothing... ;-)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Gustavo Dias escreveu:Money is important to sustain our life conditions, and allow us have all we need to live (food, our house, etc...). But that's the famous phrase "money don't give us happiness". So if you have enough money to sustain your life and don't have a "very rich life" don't make it as a sadness motive...

There is also rich and sad people, and poor and happy people. So don't complain for nothing... ;-)

If I may, I would like to rewrite your post, as it would be said in the U.S.

Money is important to maintain our standard of living, and allows us to have the necessities of life (food, shelter, etc.) However there is the old saying, "Money can not buy happiness", and as long as you have enough money to provide for your needs, you should be happpy.

There are rich people who are unhappy, always wanting more, and there are poor people who are very satisfied and happy with their life, so I think you should be careful when you complain.

I think that this version flows much better.