How important is money for you?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Nowaday, money is important for us, 'cause we need it for buying something like a food, cars, computers, and much more...

But money isn't everything! :)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
LeandroRoberto escreveu:Nowaday, money is important for us, 'cause we need it for buying something like a food, cars, computers, and much more...

But money isn't everything! :)

If I may I would like to suggest the following substitution for your first sentence..

In todays world money is important to us, because we need it to buy things like food, cars, computers, and much more.

I would advise against using the slang words "Nowaday and 'cause" since we are trying to improve our english skills, and should concentrate of the proper use of the language.

Thank you for allowing me to comment.
Hi everyone !!!

I don't see money as a problem...
we are always trying to get a great future...
let's to be honest:
nobody wants to be poor...nor to become a rich person without health, family and friends...

I guess we need a balanced life...like: Family and quality of life in first place followed by work that give us ways to get a great life!

=)
marcelo.com escreveu:Hi everyone !!!

I don't see money as a problem...
we are always trying to get a great future...
let's to be honest:
nobody wants to be poor...nor to become a rich person without health, family and friends...

I guess we need a balanced life...like: Family and quality of life in first place followed by work that give us ways to get a great life!

=)

Marcelo,

I would like to suggest the following minor changes to your post.

I don't see money as a problem, but as a means to improve our future, and to be honest, nobody wants to be poor with nothing nor rich without family, friends or good health.

I guess we need to balance our lives by having a job that pays enough to provide a comfortable life for our families.
Hm.. let's see. I'd have almost anything without money! The only thing I could have without money is my little beautiful. Because love is not a question of money. I wouldn't have school, house, food, things, and the most important things for a good life.
Money is very important to me, since it provides me basic necessities, such as food, shelter, education and a good health care. It allows me to live with dignity and assure me a safe future, economically.
ailime escreveu:Money is very important to me, since it provides me basic necessities, such as food, shelter, education and a good health care. It allows me to live with dignity and assure me a safe future, economically.

Ailime,

I would like to make a few subtle changes and see if you can determine why I did so.

"... education, and good health care. ... and ensures me an economically secure future."

Please note that assure, insure, and ensure are often missued by professional writers. :o Please see: http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/assure.html for a brief discussion.
Yes, Bill. You are right.
I got it.

"Good health care" without "a " because of it refers to general meaning.
"ensure" instead of "allow" because "allow" means to permit (give permission).
Thank you again!!
Folks,

Firstly, I'm a new participant of EE. I guess this a very worth point of learning. :D

To be honest, I don't know how important is the money for me clearly, because I have never worked to gain an income and my parents don't able to give me some money. I'm nineteen years old and I'm studying at the fist semester in a college course it will take me five years of entire days, so it's not time to think in some kind of job.
In spite of that, I realized that the money gives us the opportunity of beeing our servant but it's always ready to make us your slave. To see that, it's enough look at to the famous people. It's scared see people like Michael Jackson, that died with financial debits when could all the opportunities to die without this kind of fault.
I guess when I'll have a financial life, my money will be a thing, just a mean of enjoyment, not my savior or owner.

Regards!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
I can't say money is everything in life, but I surely can say that money is very important, although I study in a public school and I have a scholarship in a course, I also need money to have lunch and to take bus, and money gives me the opportunity to buy books, that help me in my study a lot. Nad to use the internet, I need money! So I