How important is money for you?

I can't say money is everything in life, but I surely can say that money is very important, although I study in a public school and I have a scholarship in a course, I also need money to have lunch and to take bus, and money gives me the opportunity to buy books, that help me in my study a lot. Nad to use the internet, I need money! So I'd say money is very essential.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
I think money has an important meaning on people's life, because it is essential for anyone to live appropriately and have a confortable life. But it cannot become the most important thing, otherwise, the human feelings would be lost.
Money is very important, but any people put the money in the first place in their lifes. It's very dangerous and bad.
You have to consider the importance of money just for your survival. Don't leave money as everything in your life or for your happiness. There are a lot of people that make a lot of mistake, and do some crimes, because of money. So try to win money just to support your life. Becareful, excess of money wish can be dangerous!
Gustavo Dias escreveu:You have to consider the importance of money just for your survival. Don't leave money as everything in your life or for your happiness. There are a lot of people that make a lot of mistake, and do some crimes, because of money. So try to win money just to support your life. Becareful, excess of money wish can be dangerous!
Gustavo,

I feel that a better way to express your thoughts and very good advise on this question would be something like the following:

"You have to condider the importance of money only for your survival. Don't make money everything in your life, and sacrifice your happiness. There are a lot of people that make mistakes like comitting crimes for money. So you should try to earn enough money to support yourself, because the desire to have an excessive amount of money can be dangerous."

Please let me know what you think about the rewrite and let me know if you have any questions.
I agree with the proverb "The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.", because i waste a lot of money.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
People usually think money brings happiness, I can not totally disagree with them.
Okay, money can not make you happy, but it does help a lot.

There is a well known lyric, writen by one of the biggest poets from Brazil, Frejat (rss), that I always keep in mind:

"I wish you earn money, cause we need live too. And I wish you tell it at least once: 'who owns who' "

PS: I am glad i found this forum, this is my first post, and I am not quite sure why I choose this very topic. I guess I just randomly picked one. I learned english by myself and I don't have much conversation opportunities. So feel free to advice me as much as you care about it. ;)

PPS: Where is the most recomended area to chat?
Cindy says: "Money changes everyhing". I can't believe it. :o
I figureout, money is so important for too many people around the world nowadays due to the capitalist society that we've been living and moreover the globalization changed the society to the new technologies, that in my opinion is a very good stuff, but on the other hand, made up people's minds to the greed of money and materials, so to me, it is necessary to have enough money and don't forgetting living the life and appreciating the good things of life, that on the other hand, many and many people who deal with big business, so their minds are busy trying to sove their financial problems, then, they don't have time to a good worth to their lives, forgetting living the true life.
Diego Francora escreveu:Cindy says: "Money changes everyhing". I can't believe it. :o
They say money talks! But mine says goodbye. Huhuhuhuhu!
Money is important to me, but to me, God, my family, Justin Bieber, and love are more important than money!
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
HAUhauhU Justin Bieber... Please Pattie don't say it.

Money is very important to me... What i can do, money doesn't bring happyness, buy.

Of course, i can't denied, if you don't have real friends, family, health even with money will be hard have a happy life.
I think money is importart for everyone, because without money we can't do the most of things.
Albert Einstein escreveu:Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.
Anonymous escreveu:Money will not buy happiness, but it will let you be unhappy in nice places.
I need to money for live. In these days current money is food, study, house, leisure and other things.
The problem is giving more importance for it than other importants things in life.

Hauahau I laughed too with Justin Biber XD~
First of all,

We live in a capitalist world, so, money is THE THING.

The most important is to understand that money must not be "an end", must be "the mean of". You can have a lot of money, but you need health, you need piece, you need love, ando sorry to tell you, but, money can´t buy them.

If you consider money as a "mean of", you are going to be happy, you are going to have the things you want to, and so, life will be easier.

We need money, we must work to have it, but remmember, what really matters can not be bought.

Carlos Eduardo
In my opinion, money is important to live because everything that we need everydays we need buy. if we want eat something or dress we need pay. I think money is very important in society.
EugenioTM 7 48
It is veeery important in most cases, but sometimes, if you don't have company, like friends, parents, girlfriends, you can't enjoy the best that money can provide!
Money is so important and necessary to almost everything you do. You just have to know how to use.
I'm so lazy for reading everything, but I agree with Benjamin's phrase. I think The money is obviously good, but it isn't more than matter our family and friends. We must use it for buying what is necessary for us.
Jerry Dorien 4 48
Money is one of the pillars for a better quality of life, but it isn't the most important, becouse it doesn't buy happiness, health, hours of sleep, etc. We have to balance the money with other factors as: Faith, love, tolerance, solidarity, unity, family and so on.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Canascism. It would be "must be the MEANS of"
See you again.
As important as the basic needs. After all, one is needed in order to obtain the other.

I'd never put it above ethics and morals though. I'd rather starve to death before doing so.
Money is very important. With money you can buy important things to your daily life, take care of your family health, enroll your children on good scholls. But money is just important, it's don't the most important. The most important thing in my life can't be purchased with money.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
How much important is it to me? very important, in my humble opinion.
I don´t see it as a black and white matter, there are shades of colours in-between.
If it wasn´t important, we wouldn´t have Economics/Finance and related sciences, with thousands of people studying the subject, and even non-related (think Engineering) ends up dealing with it when they have to erect a building in a more economic way (Civil Eng.) or consumes less energy (hence it spends less
money) - [Eletro-Eletronics/car makers/gadgets etc].
I cited Engineering in a sense, we all know that all fields are intertwined with money-related issues these days.
There are some inventions, that we forget to thank for their existence, like Energy, the press (Gutemberg) and the writting itself, the accounting and the use of the "zero" in it, the iron, the agriculture, the wheel, the lever...and the list goes on and on.
With time we take them for granted, and even forget them, till we are short of them. This is the case with money, just think of the times people were paid in salt, seashells or in the form of barter (bartering services or goods)...
In fact, the world came to a stage in wich money is very very important, along with many other things as well.
Even in simple events, I have to buy a chocolate in this Easter time or in Valentine´s time, then money is important to me, as important as remembering these dates...
One would say, not as important as health, happiness, a kiss, recognition etc, , but as I said above in the Engineering example, one contributes to the other, the intertwined thing.
The answer to the question? very much. It´s very much important, instrumental in getting things, in achieving goals, and vice-versa.

Ah, and you guys feel free to proofread/edit my text. Might have a lot of mistakes, he he.
For me, Money is important, but not more important than character, values and God.
Well, money is the anthem of sucess... It's a song haha such a horrible joke.
In my opinion, we have to learn how to use money, and of course money bring to us such a good happiness.
Peace out mates.
Sypher 1 1 24
I don't think money is important at all, but you need this darn thing in order to survive so it ends being an important thing...simple as that....
Firstly, hello to everybody!

Well, sometimes money is very important, but sometimes it's not.
For example: when you need buy some material thing, money can facilitate. But, there are things in our lifes that money can't to buy, how: love, friendship, peace, harmony and mainly THE HAPPINESS!
In this capitalist world today, money is as important as drink water.
Money is important to get freedom. Imagine, you are at your home, in Brazil, on friday morning. And suddenly, a desire arrives at your mind: I want to have a breakfast in Oslo, capital of Norway, on saturday. So, in order to become truth this dream, you must have a lot of money. That's why I say money buys freedom. You can do everything you want as soon as you wish.