How important it is to have an international certificate?

Regras do fórum
Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Flavia.lm 4075 1 10 94
Question: How important it is for a Brazilian student to have an international certificate of English?

Answers:

- It is extremely important, especially for those who intend to be a teacher or to study abroad;
- It is not important at all.
- It depends on the job field you are going to work, on how you’re going to use the language, etc.

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!
15 respostas
Ordenar por: Votos

ernando 30 2
To me it's really important because I intend to take a "graduação-sanduíche" in Biotechnology. I still at high school, but I think that I know exactly which way I will go pass through... I mean, I already know what I want, and an international certificate make part of my fate. :P

graceolsson
To have an international certificate is very important if you want to study abroad. But if you live in Sweden, like me, and you studied English level B in Sweden, you don´t need to present an international certificate.

rogeriobautz
To have a certificate is very important for who wants to study abroad, because is mandatory to be admitted in those universities.

Marcio_Farias 12570 1 23 212
I have an old University of Michigan English certificate.

Marcio_Farias 12570 1 23 212
maryziller escreveu:Most American universities require the TEOFL exam [...]
Mary, you mean "TOEFL," don't you?
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste seu inglês GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos. Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!

Gustavo Dias 25
To have a certificate of your language course you finished is extremely important for you to get a job. Because when you have an job interview and you show your English certification, it'll be easier to be hired on that company.

Educr1 25 1
I want to be certificated because it is a prove of my level and an international certificate give more credit for your resumé, do you agree?

ffpradella 25 2
I work in IT field and they never requested an english certificate.
A good interview in english was enough!

w.slayman 110
Lucas PAYNE escreveu:I think that depends of your goals.
Lucas,

An excellent sentence, concise and your post says everything it needs to.

Good work.

w.slayman 110
orogerio escreveu:I agree with the man above!

To be fluence is more important for people that don't work like a english teacher, tradutor ..
In my area for example, a good interview in english is what matters most.
Orogerio,

Please consider the following rewrite, and let me know if you understand why I made the changes. If not express your questions here and I will try and answer them.

"To be fluent is more imporatnt for people that don't work as a teacher, or tutor.
For example in my area a good interview in English is what matters most."
Thanks for listening.

w.slayman 110
Marco Brainiac escreveu:Hi there!

Well, to me It doesn't matter in that if don´t get a god interview for job in English ever an certificate can be superfluos.

Get fluence is more important than an certificate.

I advice a rat race to get fluence is more crucial than a piece of paper if you don´t get prove your ability.

If you get an international certificate and you don´t get a god interview you seem like a fool.
Marco,

I have taken the liberty of rewriting your post to demonstrate proper construction and grammar. Please compare my rewrite with your original post and determine if you understand why I made the changes that I did. If not please let me know what you need explained.

"Well, to me it doesn't matter, because if I don't have a good job interview in English then a certificate is superfluous.

Obtaining fluency is more important than a certificate.

I beleive that being fluent is more important than a piece of paper if you can't prove your ability.

If you have an international certificate and you don't have a good interview in English you would appear to be a fool."

Thank you for allowing me to assist you in your studies of English

Lucas PAYNE 260 7
I think that depends of your goals.

orogerio
I agree with the man above!

To be fluence is more important for people that don't work like a english teacher, tradutor ..
In my area for example, a good interview in english is what matters most.

Marco Brainiac 25 1
Hi there!

Well, to me It doesn't matter in that if don´t get a god interview for job in English ever an certificate can be superfluos.

Get fluence is more important than an certificate.

I advice a rat race to get fluence is more crucial than a piece of paper if you don´t get prove your ability.

If you get an international certificate and you don´t get a god interview you seem like a fool.

maryziller 355 1 1
Most American universities require the TEOFL exam for foreign students.
Some businesses require the TOEIC exam. The "BEC is an ideal English language exam if you are preparing for a career in business." from http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams ... h/bec.html

So my chice, Falvia, is a. It is extremely important.

MENSAGEM PATROCINADA O início de uma conversa é importante, porém devemos ir além do simples "Hi, how are you?" ou o "I’m fine, thank you". Faça o download do guia "Perguntas e Respostas Simples" da English Live e destrave seu inglês.

Download do Guia em PDF - Grátis!