How often do you go to the movies?

I see movies wich often small.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Nadirlei escreveu:I see movies wich often small.
Hi Nadirlei

Suggestion:
I don't see movies very often.

Welcome to the forum!
Sometimes, because where I live don't have any one, so I just go when I get a trip to a city that have one.
Luiz Felipe escreveu:Sometimes, because where I live don't have any one, so I just go when I get a trip to a city that have one.
Luiz,

I would like to suggest that you rewrite your post to read something like this:

"Rarely, because there no theatre near where I live, so I can only go when I go to a city that has one."

Please let me know if you have any questions about why I made the changes.
I just go to the movies when I am in São Paulo, or in a bid city where there is movies. I just go once in a while because I live in a small city. But I like a lot to go to the movies.
Hardly ever.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Movie theaters haven't seen much of me. I have nonetheless seen and walked into one a couple of times in Garanhuns-PE (a three-and-half-hour coach trip from Recife).

Now I'd rather rent a movie and watch it in the comfort of my own home. My girlfriend and I have done that a lot.
I love films, but I don't have much time to watch them. I go to the cinema once a month, at least I try :D
Regiane Duarte escreveu:I love films, but I don't have much time to watch them. I go to the cinema once a month, at least I try :D
Regiane,

Please consider the following rewrite, while the changes are very minor they make a large difference in your post.

"I love films, ... once a month, or at least I try to."

By the way I use ... to indicate a portion of the original quote that I did not type out, and do not wish to change. Also please see my posts in the blog section on the home page.

Thank you for allowing me to try and help your studies of English, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks a lot, Slayman...

I really need your help =D

Thanks again.
I am very happy to help in any way I can, but please call me Bill, which is a nickname for William.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
w.slayman escreveu:
Luiz Felipe escreveu:Sometimes, because where I live don't have any one, so I just go when I get a trip to a city that have one.
Luiz,

I would like to suggest that you rewrite your post to read something like this:

"Rarely, because there no theatre near where I live, so I can only go when I go to a city that has one."

Please let me know if you have any questions about why I made the changes.
I made a mistake :oops: in my reply quoted above, it should have read,

"Rarely, because there is no theatre near where I live, so I can only go when I go on a trip to a city that has one."

I could have also written,

"Sometimes, because where I live we don't have a theatre, so I just go when I get to go on a trip to a city that has one."

The major differences in the second version and the original as posted by Luiz a slightly better selection of words and all subject nouns have a verb, sometimes I get carried away in my suggestions. :oops: I hope this clarifies what I intended in the first reply.

Thank you Luiz for pointing out my errors.
I go twice a month or more.
I haven't been to the movies in a while now... mostly because I think there haven't been any really good movies lately. Maybe Hollywood's standards are declining because of all the piracy?
When I was younger than today I used to go to the movies, but nowadays I don't go there anymore, because it's very expensive, so I prefer to watch them in my house with my girlfriend and I love to do it.
I go to the movies about once a month, but I wish I could go at least once a week. ;(
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
ernando 2
I've never been in a cinema before :cry: , I'm from a little town, here we do not have cinema or at least shopping centers, but I live near the capital of Ceará (Fortaleza )and I've already tried to go to a cinema there, but I got some problems... in short it never worked to me. :|

So, I prefer to wait I little more and download the movie I wanna watch. :D
BiahCane 1 11
I go to the movies just when there's a good movie. :)
I used go to the movies once or twice a month but I haven't gone lately.
ernando escreveu:but I live near the capital of Ceará (Fortaleza )and I've already tried to go to a cinema there, but I got some problems... in short it never worked to me. :|
hi, Ernando! where are you from? I'm from Russas, but I'm living in Fortaleza. I have some friends from Russas that are often coming here to go to the movies with me, mainly when the big films come out. we usually spend a Sunday together at the mall, then they go back home in the evening. the last film we saw was Snow White and The Huntsman.
HI!!!
I go to the movies one or two times a month. In São Paulo don't exist better program. Movies + girlfriends + popcorn.
I love it.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Hello decio.

When i lived in Brazil i went to go to the cinema every week. I love popcorn too :)
However, here in Portugal, go to the cinema is very expensive... So, i try go once a month :(
Well i´m don´t go to cinema very often, in fact i haven´t been to a cinema for a couple of years.Instead i buy DVD´s and i watch them at night in the weekends.

Personaly i think that the latest movies that have passed on cinema aren´t very interesting
Once a month, usually
Hardly ever, because i don´t have time for to do it!
Hardly ever I go to the movie. Maybe, I do this 4 a year.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
I go to the movies very often. In fact, two or three times a month. But recently it is very expensive here in Rio.
Well, the last movie I saw was "The Martian" with Matt Damon. I liked it very much, I recommend it to all of you.
I usually watch movies once at week.
Usually, I am going to the movie theater once in a month . But, if more than a good movie is playing, I can go more times .
Probably from December, I am going to go to the cinema a lot times, because many amazing movies are going to debut , like Star Wars : The Force Awakens ; Hunger games part three, Deadpool , Warcraft , Captain America Civil war and others .
  • Tópicos Relacionados