In fact x as a matter of fact: Como utilizar?

Existe algula diferença entre In Fact x as a matter of fact? Quando usar um ou o outro?
Obrigada

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Dicas:

Para mim, "as a matter of fact" é um tanto mais comum em linguagem falada. De uma forma geral, "in fact" e "as a matter of fact" são usadas para introduzir informações adicionais.
Do Longman: As a matter of fact spoken used when adding more details about what you have just said: 'Have you had many visitors yet?' 'No, as a matter of fact you're the first.'
O TheFreedictionary trata "as a matter of fact" como sinônimo de "actually" e "in fact'':
As a matter of fact
In fact; actually.
O trecho a seguir do 'ielts-practice.org' tem boas dicas que podem esclarecer mais:
‘Was the film good?’ ‘Yes, as a matter of fact it was terrific.’

‘What did you think of her performance?’ ‘Well, actually, it was amazing.’
As a matter of fact, she is several inches taller than her husband.

‘Did you meet the Minister?’ ‘Yes, in fact, he even invited us to have lunch with him.’

All four of these expressions can be used to say something contrary to the hearer’s expectations.

‘How much were the oranges?’ ‘Well, to tell the truth, I forgot to buy them.’

‘I hope you got the job.’ ‘No, as a matter of fact, I didn’t.’

‘Was the concert nice?’ ‘Well, actually, I didn’t go.’

Actually is often used to introduce corrections.

‘Hello, Peter.’ ‘Actually, my name is John.’