In x Of x About: Qual a diferença

Hi folks....
bom a dúvida pode parecer meio besta...mas vem me perturbando a um certo tempo! Vamos lá.

Existe alguma diferença nas frases...

-I always think of you
-I always think about you
-I always think in you

Algo me leva a usar o 'in', poderia estar errado?

Thanks a lot.
See you.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
11 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Logan18 1
-I always think of you
-I always think about you
-I always think in you
Think of/about: Significa que você leva algo em conta, leva algo em consideração ou considera as possibilidades de vantagens naquilo que foi mencionado anteriormente.

Ex: Can you think of what we did last weekend? ( Lembra o que fizemos na semana passada?)

Ex2:[/b] I don't know at the moment; I need to think about it again. ( No momento, não sei. Preciso (pensar/refletir) sobre isso um pouco mais.)

Ex3: Yes, I think of him as a friend. (Sim, considero-o um amigo.)

Think of: Quer dizer que você tem uma opinião particular sobre aquilo que foi mencionado.

Think in: Sinceramente eu nunca vi eu acho que seja errado usá-lo.

Vamos esperar os experts.

Espero ter ajudado.
dlr 1
the preposition "in" does not usually combine with the verb "think" unless it's a strange circumstance.. for example

Einstein was a genius. He used to think (about things) in a different way than most people.
Desculpa pessoal, mas me confundi depois dessa ;S

Think about: eu penso, refleto, considero alguma coisa/alguem, right?

mas o think of eu não entendi o significado e a diferença ;S

alguem pode me explicar?

thanks in advance :D
Aline 1
Hi there

De acordo com o Dicionário Cambridge, temos:
think about someone/something means to have thoughts in your mind about a person or thing. or to consider them.
Example: I was thinking about my mother.
I thought about the question before answering.

think of/about something/someone also means to have an opinion about something or someone
Example: What do you think of/about the color?

think of doing something means to consider the possibility of doing something.
Example: We are thinking of having a party.

I hope that helps
Hug
Hi aline,
Thanks for clarifying that for me.

regards :D
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Aline 1
Hi,
I'm glad for helping

Best wishes
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Aline escreveu:Hi,
I'm glad for helping

Best wishes
I`m glad to help.
I`m glad to have helped.

These damn prepositions... rsrs
Até hoje pelo que sei "think of" e "think about" tem o mesmo sentido. "Think in" eu nunca vi! ;)
Aline 1
Thank you very much, Henry Cunha

See you
(=
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Igorstorino escreveu:Até hoje pelo que sei "think of" e "think about" tem o mesmo sentido. "Think in" eu nunca vi! ;)
Igor, "think in" isn't very unusual. We think in terms of symbols. We think in different ways about a problem. And so forth. Yes, for me as well, "to think of" and "to think about" have similar meanings. Regards
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
I thought that "think of" and "think about" had the same meaning.
look! think of e think about

I've found two explanations on orkut which explain the subtle difference.
1st:
-"Think of" usually means to call some thing or image to mind.
Think of a number from 3 to 10.
"Think about" usually means to devote time and energy to thinking about it.
Think about what you're doing to your health when you take drugs.

2nd:
"I think of you every day" is close to "I remember you every day" (hence, the meaning I gave 'present on one's mind')
"I think about you every day" is, again, the reflecting, considering thing.

I hope that helps