In your opinion, what's the most honorable profession?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário claudemircloud 110 1
I agree with you

you are right ,with no shred of doubt!
Avatar do usuário Vitor Ferreira 30 1
rotahc escreveu:In my humble opinion, there's no such thing as a "most honorable" profession. I believe all professions are absolutely necessary for the society to function effectively. But, if I had to choose one, I'd say teachers are the most honorable people in a community. Without them, there wouldn't be any other kind of professional. Yet, as I said before, we cannot affirm there is a profession which is more important than the others. It's impossible to imagine a society without doctors, or engineers, or lawyers, or pharmacists, or dentists etc.

All professions are really necessary, but the question asks you what is that which you admire most, I think.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Well, as my friends told, teachers and doctors (medicine) are very useful for our society, without them we are nothing, just a people waiting for its own failure, but I think there are professions more honorable like who HAVE TO do tasks that graduated people don't want to do, it's not a judge. For instance, cleaning streets or public bathrooms, picking up our trash. People whose do these tasks do the most honorable profession.

Teaching is a essential profession, but, we can live without teachers for more than one month, but, we can live for one week without people cleaning streets and picking up our trash? For sure, without this kind of professionals, mices will live around us and with us!!!

Nevertheless, all professions are essentials and there's no reasion to be shamed of anyone.
1st Teachers.
2nd Firemen.
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 760 1 17
with no shred of doubt, the Doctors.
They have the Hand of God with them.
Heal people is most honorable than create any machine or transfer knowledge.
I have to agree with all of you. Doctors, nurses, teachers, firefighters, all of them are honorable professions.
Vanessa Quadros escreveu:Firefighters.

Your post is an extremely succinct reply to the question. However, it leads to the question of why? ;) :D

Word to expand your voculabary.
Succinct -
I think is teacher, firemam and doctor.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Pattye escreveu:I think is teacher, firemam and doctor.

I would like to suggest the following rewrite.

"I believe they are teachers, firemen and doctors."

Please let me know if you understand the changes, and why I made them, or if you have any questions.

Thank You,