In your opinion, what's the most honorable profession?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
In my opinion, the most honorable and also blessed profession, is fireman.
Because the firemen save a lot of lives in danger or too close to the death. Besides of saving lives, the most emotional moment is when the familiars of the vitms thank a lot the fireman that saved the day.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Gustavo Dias escreveu:In my opinion, the most honorable and also blessed profession, is fireman.
Because the firemen save a lot of lives in danger or too close to the death. Besides of saving lives, the most emotional moment is when the familiars of the vitms thank a lot the fireman that saved the day.

Gustavo,

Please take a look at my following rewrite and determine why I made the changes that I did, then please let me know if you do or do not have any questions.

"In my opinion, the most hororable and also blessed profession is fireman. Because firemen save a lot of lives that are in danger or close to death. The most emotional moment after the saving of a life is when the families of the victims, thank the fireman for his heroic actions."
There's no doubt that the most important is doing your job honestly, and that all jobs are necessary, but some jobs I think that worthy of praise:
-Policeman: we heard lots of bad things about them, but certainly they are indispensable. And a policeman needs to risk his (or her) life, put up with people who don't have any sense and do a hard work, while half the society criticize them.
-Volunteers: how can I not talk about people who work for the sake of the others and nothing more? Particularly those who go to poor countries to do their works, far from home or volunteer physicians which could earns lots of money, but decides to not. And, above all, the heroes of Fukushima, because one really needs to be brave to expose one's life to radiation having no obligation to do that.
-Teachers and psycologists: because a good professional of these two needs to be patient and learn something new everyday, because they have the power to transform people, and this can change the world.

That's it.
It's a good question. In my opinion, I believe they are teachers.
All professions are honorable, cuz, the society wouldn't develop, if it wasn't for all sorts of works and professionals, just imagine by your self, what it would be if there was no trash collectors, so would you your self collect them and taking them away anywhere else? So everything is integrated into a survival structure, so it is a link, or chains in which everybody and everything is up to one anothers, i mean we depend on one anothers for progressing and having our development, so this is the main point and not distinguishing the professions, or professionals.
Certainly Doctors ,because they need study a lot near always and work a lot.In adiction the doctors have offer helping for people when it need.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Just a minor correction. You probably mean "physicians," not "doctors." Yes, we surely cannot live without physicians.

Word to look up in the dictionary: physician.
I guess that the most honorable profession are all of those that involves research, because what would humanity be without science?
For me the profession most honorable profession are teacher because all professions needs of a teacher, doctors, politics, firemen etc.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Avatar do usuário Frank Florida 210 5
I agree with JH Nascimento and his comment about Fukushima... in my opinion, the most honorable professions are the ones where people sacrifice their own well-being for the sake of helping others.

A very good friend of mine, the man who was my first real mentor, was part of the Soviet military in 1986 and he almost got sent to Chernobyl... they ended up not calling on him, but he also didn't volunteer.

I can't blame him, I don't know if I would have the courage!