In your opinion, which country will win the world cup?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I am quite sure that Brazil will reach the finals of the World Cup against Germany or Argentina, but I am not sure if it will win.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Unfortunately we are out!! Unbelievable!!!!!! It happened just now!!!
Sniff!! Sniff!!
Hi, there!

I think Germany will win this world cup!
But I know one thing: Argentina can't win at all! =P

Kisses,
Dany
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2160 7 53
It's hard to choose one. There's a good chance that Germany will make it. But in football, you never know! We can have some surprises!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
I saw some of our Brazilian soccer players hit a few soccer players of Ivory Coast. Then as Brazil played against The Netherlands I caught a glimpse of some body English all evidencing or anticipating violence or aggressiveness.

Some soccer fans say, "Oh, soccer players have to push it hard in order to score goals" meaning soccer players might kick the adversary's legs off if the need arises. Do you as a soccer fan agree with that? I don't think you do.
Since my two frvorite teams, USA and Brazil, have lost heart breaking games I think the German team will win the World Cup. However, I hope Ghana wins the tournament because no African team has ever won, and that will make the World Cup more of an international series and better in the future.
I thought wich Brazil would win the Cup, but now I think Germany will the big champion this year.
In my point of view, Germany will win the World Cup. However,I am going to cheer on Nethrlands from now on becauseI think that it represents all the countries that were defeated by it and by its opponents, including Brazil.
ailime escreveu:In my point of view, Germany will win the World Cup. However,I am going to cheer on Nethrlands from now on becauseI think that it represents all the countries that were defeated by it and by its opponents, including Brazil.

Ailime,

In the first sentence the proper phrase is "In my opinion" or "From my point of view", Germany will win the World Cup.

The second sentence is much more difficult for me, but I think that you are trying to say something along these lines.

However, since the Netherlands have beaten many quality teams, including Brazil, I will cheer for them.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
w.slayman escreveu:
ailime escreveu:In my point of view, Germany will win the World Cup. However,I am going to cheer on Nethrlands from now on becauseI think that it represents all the countries that were defeated by it and by its opponents, including Brazil.

Ailime,

In the first sentence the proper phrase is "In my opinion" or "From my point of view", Germany will win the World Cup.

The second sentence is much more difficult for me, but I think that you are trying to say something along these lines.

However, since the Netherlands have beaten many quality teams, including Brazil, I will cheer for them.

Bill,

Regarding the first sentence, is "in my point of view" wrong gramatically? Or is "from my point of view" the expression of your and the majority preference?
In the second sentence, I considered "Netherlands"as a country, so I used the singular "has/ it" refering to it. Can we use "have/them" too?
I would really appreciate if you could answer me.