In your opinion, which country will win the world cup?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Germany is out!!
Now, I believe that Netherlands will win!!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Spain will be the winner. They will squeeze that orage!
In my opinion the spanish will win the wiorld cup.
As some of you know I am an American (U.S.A.) and know little about soccer (football), but,

I WANT TO STATE THAT I KNOW, WITH 100% CERTAINTY, WHO WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP!

IT WILL BE A COUNTRY WHOSE TEAM HAS NEVER WON IT BEFORE!
;) :D :lol:

I hope that team is the Netherlands.

Please note that the use of all capital letters is not proper English and was used with poetic license for effect. :oops:
I think spain will win this time. a new champion is coming.
Avatar do usuário claudemircloud 115 1
what pity the world cup run out.
Now that the 2010 World Cup is over, we can start debating who will win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and we have more than adequate time to do so. :roll:

In my opinion, which is not worth a plug nickel, Brazil will loose to the USA in the final match, after overtime, on a penalty kick! ;)

Now that I have all my Brazilian friends attention I really think and hope that Brazil wins, without breaking a sweat. :D

Two idioms:

Not worth a plug nickel - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/not_worth_a_plug_nickel
Without breaking a sweat - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/break_a_sweat
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
w.slayman escreveu:Now that the 2010 World Cup is over, we can start debating who will win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and we have more than adequate time to do so. :roll:

In my opinion, which is not worth a plug nickel, Brazil will loose to the USA in the final match, after overtime, on a penalty kick! ;)

(...)

Only because you said such a thing, I'd like to say that Brazil cannot loose to the USA because "loose" is not even verb!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Flavia,

It is bad enough that I do not know soccer (futeball), but worse that I can not spell! ;) :o :lol:

Thanks for the correction. :x ;) :D

By the way, loose can be a verb as well as an adjective and an adverb. :D
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/loose
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Bill said Brazil would "loose" to US and Flavia pointed out the mistake: Flavia 1 x 0 Bill
Bill proved Flavia she was wrong when she said "loose" is not a verb: Flavia 1 x 1 Bill

But... what a hell is "futeball"?