In your opinion, which country will win the world cup?

Ailime,

I have never heard anyone use, "In my point of view", although I can not think of any grammar rule that says it is incorrect, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Outstanding! You caught my error, in this contex the singular is correct!
INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
ailime 2
Bill,

Thank you very much for anwering me!!
I can not believe in that!!
The unbeliavable happens!!
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
ailime escreveu:Bill,

Hi ailime

About "believe in", I suggest you read https://www.englishexperts.com.br/belie ... elieve-in/
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
ailime, you might have thought of using the verb replying instead of the verb answering in your reply.

"Thank you very much for replying to me."

Otherwise, as Bill often says, good grammar and choice of words.
I think that Spain will win the world cup games..
I hope so...
ANACAROLINAPLL escreveu:I think that Spain will win the world cup games..
I hope so...
Anacarolina,

If you do not mind I will make a few suggestions, the word "games" is not necessary, and one sentence to express your thoughts would be adequate. I would like to see something like this "I think and hope that Spain wins the World Cup."

The use of two or more periods to replace a comma is not correct and more than one period to end a sentence is redundant. Sometimes I will use "..." (three periods) as a standard editing tool to indicate that a portion of the text I am quoting has been left out. If you need to place more emphasis on a statement use the "!" (exclamination point).

Maybe this will aid you in your studies of English.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
ailime 2
Flavia.lm escreveu:
ailime escreveu:Bill,

Hi ailime

About "believe in", I suggest you read https://www.englishexperts.com.br/belie ... elieve-in/
Hello, Flavia

Nice to meet you.
I have never thought about that.
Thanks!!
ailime 2
Marcio_Farias escreveu:ailime, you might have thought of using the verb replying instead of the verb answering in your reply.

"Thank you very much for replying to me."

Otherwise, as Bill often says, good grammar and choice of words.
Hi Marcio,
Indeed. I do agree with you.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Germany, because they're playing very well!
Germany
ailime 2
Germany is out!!
Now, I believe that Netherlands will win!!
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
Spain will be the winner. They will squeeze that orage!
In my opinion the spanish will win the wiorld cup.
As some of you know I am an American (U.S.A.) and know little about soccer (football), but,

I WANT TO STATE THAT I KNOW, WITH 100% CERTAINTY, WHO WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP!

IT WILL BE A COUNTRY WHOSE TEAM HAS NEVER WON IT BEFORE!
;) :D :lol:

I hope that team is the Netherlands.

Please note that the use of all capital letters is not proper English and was used with poetic license for effect. :oops:
I think spain will win this time. a new champion is coming.
what pity the world cup run out.
Now that the 2010 World Cup is over, we can start debating who will win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and we have more than adequate time to do so. :roll:

In my opinion, which is not worth a plug nickel, Brazil will loose to the USA in the final match, after overtime, on a penalty kick! ;)

Now that I have all my Brazilian friends attention I really think and hope that Brazil wins, without breaking a sweat. :D

Two idioms:

Not worth a plug nickel - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/not_worth_a_plug_nickel
Without breaking a sweat - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/break_a_sweat
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
w.slayman escreveu:Now that the 2010 World Cup is over, we can start debating who will win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and we have more than adequate time to do so. :roll:

In my opinion, which is not worth a plug nickel, Brazil will loose to the USA in the final match, after overtime, on a penalty kick! ;)

(...)
Only because you said such a thing, I'd like to say that Brazil cannot loose to the USA because "loose" is not even verb!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Flavia,

It is bad enough that I do not know soccer (futeball), but worse that I can not spell! ;) :o :lol:

Thanks for the correction. :x ;) :D

By the way, loose can be a verb as well as an adjective and an adverb. :D
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/loose
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Bill said Brazil would "loose" to US and Flavia pointed out the mistake: Flavia 1 x 0 Bill
Bill proved Flavia she was wrong when she said "loose" is not a verb: Flavia 1 x 1 Bill

But... what a hell is "futeball"?
Flavia,

Futeball is a combination of futebol (Portuguese) and football (English).
see: http://www.DumbSpellingsByBill.lol :oops: ;) :lol:

Final Score: Flavia 2 - Bill 1
It´s early days to say which country will win the world cup. The countries have three years ahead to train their teams. In addition, game is game and as game and we never know what 22 men are able to do to surprise us.
I would like to watch a World Cup final between Brazil x Sweden, because I´m Brazilian and my husband is a Viking and his country opened its doors to greater knowledge of my life.
I think that Netherland will win the next world cup, because it have been had a good performance on the past cup staying on the second place.
The Brazil is very weakened, so i don't think that will win the cup. Remember of the last game. That was a disaster!
I think Spain will win the World Cup.

Why, Lucas?
Because she won the last World Cup (South Africa) and she has a good team, with good players. If she knows how to enjoy all her players, Spain will do a good cup.
:D My brazil will win, I hope it because it will hapen here in brazil so :D
I got no clue :|
As a prophet, I will say: Germany will win the World Cup in Brazil. The German Team has the best players and an efficient way to play. Furthermore, there is a curse: who wins the Confederations Cup doesn't win the World Cup. So, please, somenone answer the following question: "Who won the last Confederations Cup?
I agree with my friend Rodrigo!
The Germany's team Is a great favorite to win this world cup, because there are many good players playing there.
I think Brazil has good chances to win the world cup! The team is very good and we're playing in our home, the team will have a lot of support from the fans and our coach is very experienced, he knows what he does.. So, Brazil is my favorite to win the trophy. My other bets are Germany, Spain and I think Belgium can be a great surprise..
I think the Brazil will be the champion world. Felipão is a coach with very experience, inclusive with one world championship in career. The play men are very good and the championship will be within of country. Going Brazil!!!!!