Is Brazil economically better today than 10 years ago?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Lu Interact 40
Unfortunately, bio-fuels and soya farming are good economically but short of an ecological disaster for Brazil. So, in the short term, yes, better off, but not sure it is the best way for the country to move forward.

Just some food for thought....
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I Don't want to be pessimist, but, I think Brazil is going to be like it's today. We had bad politics so It's very difficult to change this situation.
Now for a gringo's point of view.

In the past ten years Brasil has made extraordinary progress, and the economy is in a much better condition going forward than many other developed countries. While it is true that the World Wide Recession has taken its toll on all economies, Brasil has weathered the economic storm in relatively good shape, and is poised to become an ECONOMIC SUPER POWER.

In some ways, Brasil appears to be moving in the correct directions to insure progress, and the United States appears to be going in the wrong direction. My views, expressed below, are not meant to disparage Brasil or its people, nor are they intended to meddle in the internal affairs of another country, indeed some apply equally to the United States.

In order to expidite the transformaton to a Super Power, I believe some changes are in order: 1. The ghettos (favelas) need to be reduced and eventually eliminated by providing a good education to all of the children of Brasil; 2. Reduce and eliminate drug trafficking through more forcefull enforcement of laws, and sealing of the borders by the Armed Forces. 3. Reduction of crime through education, enforcement, and providing opportunities and hope for all; 4. Encourage private enterprise by changing the laws to make it easier for citizens and foreigners to do business in Brasil; 5. Privatize some government services and improve the overall efficencies of all government services; 6. Wisely and carefully develop and use the tremondous resources of Brasil, both natural and human, while protecting and preserving them for future generations.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
Yes, I think is really better economically, but I think the polititians are worse!
Gustavo Dias escreveu:Yes, I think is really better economically, but I think the polititians are worse!

Gustavo, I would like to suggest that you change your sentence to read, "Yes, I think Brazil is really better off economically, but I think our politicians are worse!"

Now that I have made my grammar suggestion, I have to also express my opinion on the politicians, I do not think yours (Brasilian) are worse than ours (US) the real difference is that our politicians have had lot more experience in being sneaky, and have raised "sneaky" to an art form. :lol:
Brazil is in a constant progress, I really like Lula as our President, but If the subject is politicians I think in Brazil nor the worst criminal is more sneaky than a Senator, and I also totally agree with everything Renan said little time ago at this topic.
Logan18 escreveu:Brazil is in a constant progress, I really like Lula as our President, but If the subject is politicians I think in Brazil nor the worst criminal is more sneaky than a Senator, and I also totally agree with everything Renan said little time ago at this topic.

Logan,

I would prefer to see the following construction.

Brazil is in a constant state of progress, and I really like President Lula and his programs, but if the subject is the other politicians I think that even the worst criminal is not as sneaky as a Senator. I also totally agree with everything Renan said previously in this topic.

Most of the changes are very minor and combine to make everything flow together.

I hope this makes since to you.
Yes! This is fact! Brasil is much better today. Had a change radical in economy.
dudac escreveu:Yes! This is fact! Brasil is much better today. Had a change radical in economy.

Dudac,

I would like to suggest that your post be changed to read something like this, "Yes! It is a fact that Brasil is much better today than she was 10 years ago, and this is due to a radical change in the economy."

I hope this helps your study of English.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I believe that Brazil has become one of the most economically country in the world and has much more to grow in the next years.