Is Brazil economically better today than 10 years ago?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
yes, surely it is. Brazil`s economy grew 9 percent year-on-year in the first quarter fueled by strong investment and domestic demand, despite the growing crisis in Europe. This growth has heighten concerns the economy is overheating and led the central bank to hike interest rates to curb inflation.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
ailime escreveu:yes, surely it is. Brazil`s economy grew 9 percent year-on-year in the first quarter fueled by strong investment and domestic demand, despite the growing crisis in Europe. This growth has heighten concerns the economy is overheating and led the central bank to hike interest rates to curb inflation.

Ailime,

How about a few suggestions?

" Yes, it definitely is. Brazil's economy grew at an annual rate of 9 percent in the first quarter of this year fueled by strong investment and domestic demand, this growth was in spite of the growing crisis in Europe. However, this rapid growth has heightened concerns that the economy may be overheating and led the central bank to increase interest rates as a curb on "possible" inflation.

Definitely is stronger and more appropriate in this context, at an annual...this year is better grammaticly and the meaning is correct. In spite of is a much better choice as it is a positive phrase, and some say that despite is slang (personal preference here). "However, this rapid ... has heightened, is a better use of words and proper tense for heightened. While hiked is proper I prefer the more definative "increased". I think that possible is more correct here because an increase in the inflation rate has not been positively identified.

I hope you understand the above suggestions and that they help your studies.
Bill,
I think all suggestions made the text much better!!
Thank you very much.
Thank you Bill for correting my post!
If Brazil is better than 10 years ago, I must say that there were lots of changes, but it still having great problems on main issues such infrastructure, education, health and security. I must say too that I didn't believe that we would get where we are right now, so every single step our country takes is still short, but it's beneficial, therefore we can't complain, the only thing that we can do is act in favor of one goal to our population, because the change need to start from every single person, we can't just wait to better days, we need to go after them!

Please correct my wrongs.
Yeah!!! Many brazilians who lived abroad are returning to Brazil because it is happening.....
Avatar do usuário TheBigSpire 1075 1 6 25
ernando escreveu:therefore we can't complain, the only thing that we can do is act in favor of one goal to our population, because the change need to start from every single person, we can't just wait to better days, we need to go after them!

Of course we CAN complain!

Actually, we MUST do it! I think we do it too little for a country with so many problems as well as the infinite corruption of our politicians!

Things are really better lately, but we still have a huge way until the real development.