Law of Closure

Cinnamon 16 60 498
Hi folks!
Can you read this?

"If You Can Raed Tihs, You Msut Be Raelly Smrat"
"Law of Closure —The law of closure states that individuals perceive objects such as shapes, letters, pictures, etc., as being whole when they are not complete. Specifically, when parts of a whole picture are missing, our perception fills in the visual gap."

Gestalt Laws: Similarity, Proximity and Closure

According to the Gestalt school of thought, humans are naturally capable of perceiving objects as orderly and organized forms and patterns.
From: https://explorable.com/gestalt-laws-sim ... nd-closure

Test yourself =>
If you want to know how this is possible (to understand a "meaningless" group of "words") try to read "the text below":

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

If you can read the four lines above, congratulations you know the language quite well.
In fact those "words" are understood due to the ability of human brain "to solve puzzles."
We will always try to organize things, bring order to the chaos, make something (more) logical.

You can understand more about "Closure according to Gestalt" reading this article
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/03/31 ... smrat.html

Cheers!

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Cinnamon 16 60 498
It is important to remember that if the first and last letter of the word are correct, it doesn't matter if the other letters are jumbled.
Our brain is trained to understand those words.

Another Text :
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
See you
Cinnamon 16 60 498
Just to amuse a bit more...
1. A vheclie epxledod at a plocie cehckipont near the UN haduqertares in Bagahdd on Mnoday kilinlg the bmober and an Irqai polcie offceir

2. Big ccunoil tax ineesacrs tihs yaer hvae seezueqd the inmcoes of mnay pneosenirs

3. A dootcr has aimttded the magltheuansr of a tageene ceacnr pintaet who deid aetfr a hatospil durg blendur
Having a little trouble with those last two? Each of these sentences becomes progressively more challenging to read because, even though the author followed the rule to create jumbled words, he jumbled the letters more.

Below you can find the correct sentences:

1) A vehicle exploded at a police checkpoint near the UN headquarters in Baghdad on Monday killing the bomber and an Iraqi police officer

2) Big council tax increases this year have squeezed the incomes of many pensioners

3) A doctor has admitted the manslaughter of a teenage cancer patient who died after a hospital drug blunder.

All these came from the BBC News on 22nd September 2003.

Cheers!
Cinnamon 16 60 498
The following is a remarkable song.
Can you understand that?
Imigane trehe's no hevaen
I'ts esay if you try
No hlel bolew us
Avobe us olny sky
Imigane all the plpoee
Lnivig for tadoy
Imigane trehe's no coirtnues
T i'nst hrad to do
Noihtng to klil or die for
And no reigilon too
Imigane all the plpoee lnivig lfie in pecae, you
You may say I'm a drmaeer
But I'm not the olny one
I hpoe smoe day yl'uol jion us
And the wlrod wlil be as one
Imigane no posissesons
I wednor if you can
No need for geerd or hegnur
A brohrehtood of man
Imigane all the plpoee
Shirang all the wdlro, you
You may say I'm a drmaeer
But I'm not the olny one
I hpoe smoe day yl'uol jion us
And the wlrod wlil be as one
It is important to say that according to the "Law of Closure" our brain can understand any scrambled word if the first and last letters are correct or in the correct position. It doesn't matter if they are four or ten letter words.

Cheers!