Letra da música "Dear You" de Josie Aiello

Oi pessoal, tudo bem? Estou estudando inglês e tenho dificuldade em assimilar a sonoridade de algumas palavras. Estou procurando a letra da música "Dear You" de Josie Aiello. Faz parte da trilha sonora do filme "Sete minutos no paraíso" - Seven Minutes in Heaven. Eu já ouvi, está disponível no Youtube, mas tem partes que não consigo compreender as palavras. Já pesquisei na internet, mas não obtive sucesso. Se alguém puder me ajudar, serei muito grato. Abraços.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
6 26 454
Before we read the lyric, I'd like to point out something related to the expression dear you!

In most of the sentences, we will find that expression as vocative case.

The vocative case (abbreviated voc) is the case used for a noun that identifies a person (animal, object etc.) being addressed or occasionally the determiners of that noun. A vocative expression is an expression of direct address by which the identity of the party spoken to is set forth expressly within a sentence.

Examples:

I don't know, you
>> You is a vocative expression that indicates the party being addressed,

I don't know you
>> As opposed to the previous sentence, which we have a comma (,), you is the direct object of the verb to know.

The word dear can be used:

1) as an adjective:

Oh, if you only knew how dear you are to me, and how much I appreciate and respect your generous resolve!
>> Ah, se soubesses o quão querido(a) (tu) és para mim, e quanto aprecio e estimo a tua generosa decisão!

We know everything about you, dear angel disguised as human in service!
>> Nós sabemos tudo sobre você, querido anjo disfarçado de humano em serviço!

(mainly UK) dear means costing too much:
The food was good but very dear.
>> A refeição era boa, mas muito cara.

2) as a noun:

Annie's such a dear - she's brought me breakfast in bed every morning this week.
>> Annie é mesmo um doce - ela me trouxe o café da manhã na cama todas as manhãs nesta semana.

Here's your receipt, dear.
>> Aqui está sua nota / recibo, querido(a).

3) as an adverb (mainly UK)
>> It means at a high price; dearly; fondly

To cost somebody dear
Meaning: to make somebody suffer a lot.
Significado: fazer alguém sofrer muito.

That one mistake has cost him dear over the years.
Aquele único erro custou-lhe muito caro por muitos anos.

4) As an exclamative interjection:

Oh dear! I've lost my keys again.
>> Oh céus! Eu perdi minhas chaves outra vez.

Dear me! It's already 4.30 and I said I'd be home by 5.00!
>> Olha só! / Minha nossa! / Céus!

Dear me! is an expression of surprise, dismay, or indulgent disapproval.
The synonyms of this expression are:

- Gracious!
- My goodness me!
- Well I never!
- Good heavens!
- Heaven / God save the mark!
- Ho!
- Hoity-toity!
- How now!
- Silly me!
>> (Como sou bobo(a) / Quanta tolice (de minha parte)!)

Cf.: dear-x-darling-qual-a-diferenca-t16717.html
Cf.: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/dic ... ngles/dear
Cf.: http://languagehat.com/god-save-the-mark/

Although I've never seen the expression dear you used as an interjection, or as an idiom - according to some linguists - I believe this situation is possible due to the informal use of the pronoun me with the word dear which creates the common interjection dear me!.

The difference between the interjections would be the person which the message is destinated to.

The language can be very versatile and I believe I rushed into this interpretation.

Now, regarding on Aiello's song and the movie Seven Minutes in Heaven:

Seven minutes in heaven is a teenagers' party game first recorded as being played in Cincinnati in the early 1950s. Two people are selected to go into a closet or other dark enclosed space and do whatever they like for seven minutes. It is common for the participants to kiss, make out, have sex, etc., but participants may instead choose to talk, engage in some other (usually quiet) activity, or do nothing at all. The participants can be selected by various methods, such as spinning a bottle, or drawing lots.

The movie Seven Minutes in Heaven (BR: Sete Minutos no Paraíso) was released on May 9th, 1985 in the United States. The plot includes three characters, Natalie, Jeff and Polly. Natalie (interpreted by Jennifer Connelly) allows her classmate Jeff (Byron Thames), who ran away from home after a fight with his stepfather (Marshall Bell), to stay at her place while her father (Michael Zaslow) is away on a business trip. Natalie soon starts dating Jeff's friend James Casey (Alan Boyce), who is not as faithful as she thinks, while her best friend Polly (Maddie Corman) falls in love with baseball player Zoo Knudsen (Billy Wirth). These relations bring tension between the three friends.

However, due to the plot of the movie Seven Minutes in Heaven, it is not so strange to think that the protagonists were asking for someone's love or they were enphasizing how silly or how desperate they were to find the love. [that's my point in consider "Dear you!" a type of pun (paranasia) of the interjection "Dear me!" instead of considering it as a vocative case].

That's my opinion!

I hope I've helped at least.
_
DEAR YOU! POR DEUS!
Dear you! Por Deus!
Love me! (Repeat twice) Me ame!
Dear you! Oh céus!
Love me! Me ame!
That's all Isso é tudo
I want to say Que eu quero dizer
In this letter Nesta carta
Dear you! Oh céus!
Love me! Me ame!
Maybe I'll intrude, won the yes Talvez eu vou me intrometer, conquistei o sim
Written very clearly, my return address Escrito muito bem, meu endereço de remetente
Dear you! Oh céus!
Love me! Me ame!
That's all Isso é tudo que
I want to say Quero dizer
In this letter Nesta carta
Dear you! Oh céus!
Love me! Me ame!
Dear you! Por Deus!
Love me! Me ame!
Dear you! (Repeat twice) Por Deus! (Repetir duas vezes)
That's all! Isso é tudo!
In my letter Na minha carta
Dear you! (Repeat three times) Por Deus! (Repetir três vezes)
Love me Me ame!
That's all! Isso é tudo!
In my letter Na minha carta
Dear you! Oh céus!
Love me! Me ame!
Cf.: como-dizer-eu-nao-me-expressei-bem-em-i ... 54382.html

REFERENCES:
(1) Pearson Education. Longman Dictionary. 2ª ed. 2009.
(2) HEINRICHS, Ann. Interjections. 2004.
(3) WIERZBICKA, Anna. Semantics of Interjections in Journal of Pragmatics. Vol. 18, Issues 2-3. Elsevier. 1992.
(4) HOLTON, David; PHILIPPAKI-WARBURTON, Irene; MACKRIDGE, Peter A. Greek: A Comprehensive Grammar of the Modern Language. New York, 1997. Routledge.